Dr. Scott Stevens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Stevens?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2017

Dismissive

Dr Stevens contradicted himself giving information. He is quite aloof, though that really wasn't a turn off. He had someone shadowing him for one visit and quite ignored me to teach. All and all...not impressed.

July 26th, 2016

I guess it could have been worse

Didn't see Dr. Scott or any doctor in the hospital after surgery. Ok, gall bladder is supposed to be in/out; but sometimes it isn't and who is there to catch when there is a problem? Something's wrong with this system. Maybe it's the insurance system. Anyway, I was sent home heavily bleeding internally. I couldn't breathe when I stood up, but still I was dragged around for 10 steps to 'pass the test' to go home, while I gasped for breath. I asked what that was about; the answer was "i donno," but they put some oxygen on me right away and still sent me home. I waited the week to see Dr. Scott post-surgery as arranged, not knowing what was wrong with me. I didn't like the way the exam room was set up. It was a big room. The exam table was arranged so that you sat on it facing a wall, and the Dr. stood 6 feet away, leaning on the counter to your left. Great 'bedside' manner. He came over to look at the contusions that had formed on my lower back in two places (where the internal bleeding was pooling so much it was coming to the surface), then went running back to his counter 6 feet away. He told me that sometimes when you peel the gall bladder away from the liver a 'little' bleeding occurs. We'll take some blood (on Friday), come back Monday. Which I did. He said he was not "worried about it" that some people take a little longer to heel." Go home and rest. Meanwhile I am feeling absolutely terrible. I can't stand up in the shower because I can't breathe. I sleep all day. It's going on two weeks. Most people are back to work in two days! And he's not worried about it. I also felt he was referring to my age as part of the problem. I am a youthful, healthy 68 female - nothing going on health-wise at all. Meanwhile, I had made appointments with other Doctors because I was worried things were going wrong. Turns out the only thing going wrong was that I had lost one third of my blood !!! And he wasn't worried???? Did he know if I had stopped bleeding yet? Did he tell me I should take iron, eat dark green veggies and red meat to rebuild my blood supply? NO NO NO. He just "wasn't worried!" I'd be worried if I were you and you are considering Dr. Steven Scott as your surgeon!

May 11th, 2015

Awesome surgeon- repaired a incisional hernia for me. He is skilled and was very precise with the Incision he made. I would highly recommend Dr Stevens for anyone needing a Surgeon.

October 8th, 2012

Highly Recommend

Met Dr. Stevens in the Emergency room for the very first time. My bowel was cut open with a prior surgery and needed to be addressed as soon as possible. Dr. Stevens was excellent and actually saved my life.

March 11th, 2012

The best

Dr. Stevens is a very smart man. He is serious, carefully listens to what I say, and I see him thinking. His surgical skills are fantastic.

January 10th, 2010

Dr. Stevens

This doctor is one of the best I have dealt with. His interest in me was obvious, he listened to all my complaints, asked me specific question, and gave me "straight" answers. Highly recommended

December 28th, 2009

LapBand Surgery

I had surgery out of the country and use Dr. Stevens for follow up on fills etc.Always curteous and caring.

September 18th, 2009

Professional Personified

Excellent care, and explanation of procedure. This Doctor loves what he does, as evidenced by his attention to every detail before and after surgery.

May 23rd, 2017