Dr. Scott Bartlett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Bartlett?

A disappointing experience

Posted on October 6th, 2017

Both of my children were seriously injured and I was an emotional wreck. I sought a second opinion at CHOP because the hospital has an excellent reputation and I had heard good things about Dr. Bartlett's skill as the chief plastic surgeon. I was not impressed with the waiting room or front desk staff. There was no regard for my privacy whatsoever; another patient was standing at the desk right next to me filling out a clipboard as I was trying to verify my children's information. The doctor was overbooked and running behind. I understand it happens, especially at a busy place like CHOP. I had taken the time to get the kids' medical records forwarded, but it seemed like he hadn't taken the time to review anything. When he finally saw us, the first questions he asked me were, "What happened?" and "What are your concerns?" I quickly gave him a rundown of what had happened. I'd brought a notebook and had formulated several questions, but he didn't seem open to discussing anything with me. He told me we would need to wait and see how the kids healed up and offered to check them again in several months. As he was on his way out the door, I managed to squeeze in one question only to be told, "Well, there is one procedure that might be needed, but it's premature to even talk about that now." I felt like we gained nothing from the appointment. Dr. Bartlett sent the kids' pediatrician a follow-up letter. I received a carbon copy and the letter to our pediatrician explained way more about Dr. Bartlett's opinion on my kids' treatment than anything he said while we were there in person. Later on, I spoke to the mother of one of his patients and she said Dr. Bartlett is talented and she's pleased with the work he has done for her son, but if I am expecting the doctor to be "warm and fuzzy", forget it. She described him as "short and businesslike". That's one way of putting it. I understand each doctor has a different personality and "bedside manner". Dr. Bartlett's approach didn't work for us. I'm sure he IS a good surgeon, but there is more to it than that. I needed a doctor who would show some compassion given the sensitive situation in which I found myself and my babies, and at least give me the chance to have a discussion and more or less interview him to figure out if he's a good fit. My husband and I knew after the first appointment this particular provider was not the right one for our family.

Mrs

Posted on June 23rd, 2016

Dr. Bartlett performed a rhinoplasty of my nose. I was left with a completely mobile nose. I went to admin. for a referrel to another Dr. in the same health system, who verified the nose surgery was totally unacceptable. The new Dr. made my nose as stable as possible, but I'm still suffering. DO NOT let Dr. Bartlett perform surgery on you. You will never get to speak with him again, or through his staff. No follow-up care.

DON'T EXPECT YOUR HAND TO BE HELD

Posted on May 5th, 2016

Dr Bartlett was attentive prior to my surgery, but afterwards, he was unattainable-- all inquiries about my healing had to go through his receptionist and it was office staff who called me back with a response (often a week later!). I felt he had no compassion and no interest in my legitimate issues!

No Bedside Manner

Posted on March 19th, 2016

I experienced numerous issues with my recovery from a facelift and upper and lower eyelid surgery- prolonged and agonizing pain. All my inquiries had to go through his assistant and almost all responses came from her as well. Dr Barlett knew I was suffering terribly and ONLY ONCE spoke to me directly- all other responses(which were "it's part of normal recovery") came through his assistant. He never once picked up the phone to express his concern ( I guess he didn't have any). The work was good, but overall would NEVER recommend!

Rhinoplasty

Posted on January 28th, 2016

I received rhinoplasty from Dr. Bartlett after having a traumatic fall, he got me in for a consultation almost immediately after my accident and get me in within 6 months for the surgery (I needed to wait 6 months for all swelling in my nose to go down). After surgery I was amazed at how much my face healed within a week. At my follow up visit I was pleased at the first sight of my "new" nose even with there still being swelling! It has now been about 7 months since my surgery, with almost all swelling gone I could not be happier with Dr. bartlett and his team's work.

Posted on November 5th, 2015

NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE...............HAD SURGERY WAS IN A LOT OF PAIN - NO ANSWER - LEFT MESSAGES - NO ONE CALLED ME BACK - HAD TO CALL DR ON STAFF & ALL HE SAID WAS WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE YOUR DR - WHICH WE ALL KNOW IF YOU ARE AN ADULT YOU CAN ONLY GO ON FRIDAYS & YOU WAIT AT LEAST 2-3 EVEN 4 WEEKS & THAT IS IF THEY EVER ANWER THE PHONE.

Posted on June 27th, 2015

The wait time for an appointment is over a month and for a second visit you wait another month 1/2, also no one tells you what is next, if you don't ask questions you will never know. Communication between patients is lacking, but otherwise they are very friendly.

Extreme gratitude

Posted on March 28th, 2015

Not to sound cliche, but this man has saved my life. I was one of his first cases when I was ten months old. He reassured my very scared parents. I have inherited a genetic facial deformity from my fathers side, the defect could have left me dead or mentally retarded. I am now 27 yrs old and look completely normal and have lived a normal life thus far. I thought it was a pain as a kid to travel to Philadelphia every year to see Dr. Bartlett for yearly check ups, but I am now eternally grateful. Everyone has a hero, mine just hides behind a surgical mask.

Posted on January 30th, 2015

I would not go back to Dr. Bartlett if I had to...Very unhappy with the overall experience with this doctor and his staff. I would not refer him to any friend or family.

no words

Posted on April 11th, 2013

I dont even know where to begin to express my gratitude towards Dr Bartlett. I was in a terrible car accident which left my face disfigured and scarred. He completely transformed my face into a face i was able to recognize again. I think of what my life would be like if he didnt fix me, and those thoughts are not good. The world needs more doctors like him. His incredible work and didication is the reason i am able to wake up everyday and face the world with confidence. I am and will forever be grateful for him!!!

Best of the Best

Posted on September 21st, 2011

Performed craino facial surgery on my son at 8 months old, and again at 18 years old after growth required followup surgery. Skull growth plates were fused.Dr. Bartlett and the staff were outstanding. Brilliant man and nice guy too.

Posted on October 5th, 2017