Surgical Specialist
633 Brookdale Dr
Ste 300
Statesville, NC 28677
704-873-3250
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  God Complex  |  show details
by Tonya Moore- CSAC on Oct 20th, 2014

God complex. Allows his arrogance in his abilities to negate the fact that patients DO know their own bodies. I saw Dr. Brandon for shoulder pain and carpel tunnel syndrome. When I visited him for my post operative check up I explained that I still had pain. His response? "Well workman's comp patients never do heal completely." Two months later I saw another doctor who explained that my shoulder pain came from my muscles over compensating for the weakness in my wrist. THIS doctor gave me a shot in my shoulder and while I may never be 0 I'm a lot closer than I would have been if I had stuck with Dr. Brandon!

|  show details
Aug 6th, 2014

Dr. Brandon did not seem very interested in helping me get better. He basically told me to stop doing the activities that I enjoy and then my shoulder won't hurt anymore. Really?????

|  Wrong treatment given  |  show details
by Clay S. on Jul 8th, 2014

I highly suggest finding another hand specialist. I really can't give Dr. Brandon a bad review due to the fact that I never was able to see him. Just his PA. I broke my Hamate bone on January 16th and was referred to Dr. Brandon a few days later. I saw his PA who performed the x-rays. He confirmed a hook of hamate fracture and I was placed in a cast for 7 weeks. Got the cast off and resumed normal activity but with mild dull pain. Called his office and told them of the pain and they said this was just part of the healing process. In early June I completely snapped the hamate in half in the same spot playing golf. After researching on my own and after meeting with the knowledgable doctors at Ortho-Carolina, I found that I needed surgery for removal of the bone. This should have been done after the initial fracture in January. 95% of hamate fractures treated conservatively with casts result in fibrous unions that are almost certain to fracture or in my case completely break off. Maybe Dr Brandon knows this stat. Maybe not. Not sure since I was never able to see him. So here it is July, nearly 6 months after my injury and my situation is worse than when I first visited dr Brandon's office. To top it off, as an avid golfer, I am vacationing on Kiawah and had to cancel my tee time on the Ocean Course that I made 4 months in advance. All due to a doctor not knowing treatment that is readily available for viewing online. My advice is to look elsewhere for hand injuries. Clay

|  EXCELLENT surgeon  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

Dr. Brandon is an excellent surgeon. He is very detailed in the information he gives you and lets you know exactly what to expect. He does not rush you through like you are on a production line. I had shoulder surgery. Absolutely no pain and things went just as explained to me. People could not believe how good I did. I have already talked to a friend of mine that is going to need surgery. I will be telling more people too. I can barely see the incision. Hopefully I will not need any more surgery in the future but if I do I will not hesitate to have him for my surgeon. He sent me to therapy and they were astounded at how good I was doing and even commented on the incision being almost invisible. You will not be disappointed in him!