Dr. Scott Brandon MD Patient Reviews

3.8

September 27th, 2016
I have seen him twice and his knowledge and professionalism makes him an excellent orthopedic surgeon whom I will recommend without hesitation

September 1st, 2016
On time by my watch!
I was refered to Dr. Brandon for my shoulder. I came into his office and checked in, which took the women almost 20 mins to do. I paid my co pay, then the phone rings and I can hear the doctor speaking, shes telling him that she is just finishing up checking me in and I can see that he isn't happy by her voice and his. She hangs up and says Im sorry but we have to reschedule your appointment. Im shocked and ask way. She states because you were late. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I said who is doing this the doctor? She said yes you were 6 mins late!!!!! I couldnt believe this. Then she said that my new date to come in was a month out. It took me over a month for this appointment. I said no thank you. They even had to refund my co pay back. Theres no way I would recommend this doctor to no one. I called my doctor that refered me to Dr. Brandon told them what happen and that I will not go back to that place. They resheduled me with another Dr. With better reviews. If your reading this dont use Dr. Brandon he doesn't care about his patients.

August 10th, 2016
Dr. Brandon and Dr. Dan are some of the most skilled and courteous doctors. Love them!

December 29th, 2015
I have been very impressed so far.

December 21st, 2015
Refused to see me
I had an appt to be seen for pain and numbness in my hand. I was stuck in traffic and arrived 9 mins late. I was told since I was late he wouldn't see me. How can a dr turn away a person in pain for being 9 mins late. How inconsiderate. My mom seen him for an infection in her hand. He changed her antibiotic so many times and the infection got worse until he had to do surgery. How about taking a culture sending it to the lab to see which antibiotic will work on the specific organism causing the infection? Instead charging for numerous appts and the cost of several antibiotics then surgery. Once she had an appt when she got there the office had screwed up and he wasnt even there! And im turned away for being 9 mins late. He's a joke. Sad representation of Statesville. I'm writing this as I sit at urgent care hoping someone will get me some relief for my hand today so I can go to work and maybe help someone or make their day better as I'm a Nurse.

December 11th, 2015
Find another dr
Dr Brandon is a good dr but really doesn't care about how you feel after surgery is complete he is in a hurry to get you in and out of room and in a hurry to send you back to work ASAP even if your not completely healed and if you have short term disability he tells them what he thinks not how you tell him and also is very rude about it so I wouldn't recommend him he is a very rude dr and doesn't care about patients as long as he gets paid! Would not recommend him

September 29th, 2015
Office visit
Unsatisfactory, on many levels. Dr. running very far behind which resulted in a 5 minute visit for me after almost an hour wait. Conversion was short ...

August 31st, 2015
Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Dr Brandon did the carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands several years back. Would recommend him to anyone. Excellent bedside manner and very easy to talk to. Was very comforting during the whole process on both hands. 100% improved. Best thing I ever did! Excellent doctor!

August 25th, 2015
Arrogant & profane
I was referred to Dr. Brandon by my primary physician for long-term carpal tunnel. I wanted to talk to him about surgery. He basically yelled at me for getting shots in my hands & stated he probably couldn't do more than the shots did. He used profanity the entire time, which was very offensive to me. He also quoted the amount I would have to pay up front, even though I have insurance. He said people lie all the time about having their deductible met, & his main thing was getting paid. I would NEVER let this man touch my hands!

August 20th, 2015
One Fine Doctor
Dr. Brandon is not just a fine Doctor, he's also a fun guy to talk with. His office manners are great. He is to the point, very thorough and will put a smile on your face.

July 23rd, 2015
Dr. Brandon is an excellent surgeon. My surgery scar is beautiful compared to others I have seen with the same type of surgery. I do agree with the comments on here that he seems to disregard other pains you have that is related to the same injury. It has taken me 3 months to get him to listen to me about other pains related to this same injury. He is FINALLY listening! Overall, I think he is an excellent doctor and has a great sense of humor, but it seems he doesn't want to listen to the details of your pain. Maybe could be a little more empathetic and listen to his patients more. If I had to have surgery though, I still would trust him to do it.

October 20th, 2014
God Complex
God complex. Allows his arrogance in his abilities to negate the fact that patients DO know their own bodies. I saw Dr. Brandon for shoulder pain and carpel tunnel syndrome. When I visited him for my post operative check up I explained that I still had pain. His response? "Well workman's comp patients never do heal completely." Two months later I saw another doctor who explained that my shoulder pain came from my muscles over compensating for the weakness in my wrist. THIS doctor gave me a shot in my shoulder and while I may never be %100 I'm a lot closer than I would have been if I had stuck with Dr. Brandon!