Surgical Specialist
25455 Barton Rd
Suite 102B
Loma Linda, CA 92354
909-558-2808
Locations and availability (3)

|  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

We were extremely pleased that we were able to see Dr Nelson after my daughter broke her leg. Not only did he put my daughter at ease, but he thoroughly discussed her complicated fracture and the treatment options, with his recommendations, which he backed up with medical studies. He sees so many patients that it is obvious he is very experienced. Even though we were seen at the end of the clinic day, he was pleasant and relaxed. I am willing to wait however long it takes to see the best doctor possible when it comes to my kids, and Dr Nelson was worth every minute. His office staff were professional and told us immediately up front about the wait time.

|  I love him!!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

He's a really good doctor and i love him for that!

|  My Daughter's Scoliosis Surgery  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

Before I get started, I want you to know that I am a Credentialing Specialist by Profession and I check out the credentials and record of every doctor that I come in contact with before I even make an appointment. After much research I decided that Dr. Nelson would be given the chance to treat my 12 year old daughter for scoliosis. The most prevalent reason my husband and I decided on Dr. Nelson was that he was not just a "cutter." He is also a doctor who has dedicated himself to helping others less fortunate. He has spent time in Haiti and the Domincan Republic, even moving his family to give to the people. That said a lot to us. He is not in the surgery business just for the money.Dr. Nelson took the time to explain the surgery and even though we were hesitant to commit he was very patient with my husband and I. This is not a surgery to be taken lightly and we were very concerned. Dr. Nelson acknowledged our concerns and we agreed to the surgery. We scheduled the surgery for 6 months out so that it would be the beginning of summer and she would not miss any school.We were secretly hoping that we would be able to put surgery off for another year to allow her to complete her growth. That was not to be - her curve progressed during those 6 months to a horrifying 70 and 60 degree curve! There was no putting it off. My daughter was 12 years old and felt at ease with Dr. Nelson. He was very good with her, talked directly to her and answered all her questions. She was more comfortable than we were! After the surgery she only had a negligble curve. Dr. Nelson did a great job not only during surgery but after as well. He and his team kept a keen eye on our daughter and had a good relationship with the entire family. When we arrived at the hospital the morning of the surgery we were greeted by a couple of med students who were conducting a research project. They wanted to know if we would allow our daughter to participate, that it only required a small amount of blood to be drawn (while she was asleep) and that she would wear a finger monitor while in surgery. We agreed and off they went. That evening those students found us in ICU and told us that they were in the room while the surgery took place. They spent time explaining the procedure, all the tools in the room and how good Dr. Nelson was. They told us that students enjoy learning and working with Dr. Nelson. We loved the "inside" information! While I didn't give Dr. Nelson an excellent review for the wait time, I want to let everyone know that we did not mind having to wait. The reason you have to wait so long is that Dr. Nelson will take the time to explain what is needed and to make you feel comfortable so that you can make an informed decision. We took up quite a bit of his time and he never rushed us. So if he makes us wait so that he can do the same for another family then so be it.To sum this all up, I would highly recommend Dr. Nelson and his team!

|  amazing  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

Dr. Nelson and his staff recently did surgery on my son's hip and they not only did an amazing job on my son but treated us with the most respect. I highly recommend him. And they were right as soon as we got hom my son was able to wiggle himself farther up our couch.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

He is an amazing surgeon. I know my son is in wonderful hands.

|  Grateful mother  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

I just wanted to express how grateful our family is for Dr. Nelson's quick response to my daughter's medical issue. I knew she was in excellent hands. Everyone at his office as well as everyone at the hospital were all absolutely wonderful.