Dr. Scott Cahoon MD Patient Reviews

January 6th, 2015
Good choice
Excellent doctor in my opinion. Works well with patients.

September 25th, 2013
This Doctor definitely does NOT care about the patients well being. "He who takes the gold, makes the rules." If you are injured please do not choose this doctor. He'll operate on you with no clue as to what he's doing then if you don't heal up or get better he'll just say you're malingering and close your file then tell you to seek a second opinion.. Wish there were more ratings on Dr.'s that way you can pick the good ones and leave the bad ones alone.

February 12th, 2013
Dr. Cahoon is quiet and thoughtful.
Dr. Cahoon treated me for knee problems (osteoarthritis.) He is a very competent surgeon , and answered all my questions with sufficient detail. I dont know why one patient would give him a low rating, but I found him to be concerned and pleasant. I liked him very much, which is more than I can say for most of the doctors I visited when I worked in South Dakota!

October 24th, 2008
Dr Cahoon has an easy manner.
While his manner is easy, his doctoring left a lot to be desired. After he completed my carpal tunnel surgery, i was informed by two other sources "Hand Surgery" is not his fortay. I feel as a patient, i should have been advised this beforehand. He was the only Dr to ever do surgery who did not meet with me before i went under and when i came out of surgery. I was met with the hospital staff only. Then on my follow up days after, his Nurse attended to me. Dr Cahoon came in, poked around and left. I was angry. I was also allowed to return to work with no braces, no physical therapy and no note. I now have swelling and pain in various areas that was'nt present before. Again, sweet disposition, but not trustworthy with surgery and the like. I feel im worse off after the fact.I wish i knew of this website to have researched him before i put my hands in his hands.