Dr. Scott Chiang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Chiang?

Rhino-Septo

Posted on June 17th, 2017

Broken nose and couldn't breathe. Dr. Chiangmai got the job done for me.

great doctor

Posted on July 9th, 2016

great job thanks

complete revision cosmetic nose surgery

Posted on March 15th, 2014

I first came into Kaiser with a broken nose and Dr. Chiang was the doctor I saw. He injected numbing medicine and skillfully put my nose back into place; finishing the procedure by putting on a cast that he told me to wear for a couple weeks. When he took the cast off, it looked back to normal and I was very happy. I give Dr. Chiang 4 stars for this part; excellent. However, my nose was still slightly crooked from a prior injury I got playing soccer. In addition, I had been very self conscious of the size of my nose for quite some time and someone told me that because I had gone to Kaiser for my nose before, I could possibly get a nose job from them at a MUCH lower price than the average rhinoplasty surgeouns who are not covered by insurance. I paid 4,000 dollars for my nose surgery at Kaiser where as most cost nowadays is around 20,000 dollars which I could never afford. My nose before had a bump at the top that was slightly bent and sort of drooped down at the tip. Sort of like a hawks beak. When I told Dr. Chiang I wanted the complete cosmetic nose surgery, he actually tried to talk me out of it and said that the function of my nose was great and that it wasn't that big; which to me is very telling of what kind of integrity Dr. Chiang has. But, I had my heart set on a "discounted nose job" and had already made up my mind about it. I think it would be honest to say that in some ways I exploited Dr. Chiang just as I think that by judging how the before and after photos on the Kaiser site look, in my opinion, nothing like the way my nose turned out, Kaiser exploits it's patients for more money. 4,000 dollars per patient can really add up. Needless to say the end result of my nose after surgery was extremely disappointing. It is too narrow making it difficult to breathe out of, it is very pointy, and it dripps down over the top of my lip which not only looks odd, it feels odd. I call it a rat nose or an oppossum-like nose. I also talk a little funny because it presses into my upper lip. The other really negative thing is that Dr.Chiang injects a strong chemical into the nose with a single-minded mentality that it reduces the tissue of the nose without having to go through another surgery. However, the chemical may be the worst part of all as it inconsistently shrinks the nose and expands it. For example, after I take a hot shower, the nose becomes more droopier than before. Sunlight also expands the nose. My nose also, because of this chemical, is hard whereas the tissue of a normal nose is soft. It is also extremely painful. If I could do it all over again, I wish I would have listened to Dr. Chiang in the first place and left my nose alone. Although it was slightly big, it looked natural, felt comfortable, allowed me to speak better (put a clothes pin on the tip of your nose with the length of it coming over your lip and then try and speak), and I could smile without feeling like my nose was digging into my lip. Or, if I did opt for a surgery, I would have only made slight changes like shaving the bump and thats it. My advice is what Dr.Chiang, who really did I great job in the initial procedure of RESTORING both the function and appearance of my nose, told me in the first place....if the fuction is fine, love yourself and leave it alone. Or, if you have the 20,000 dollars to find a world-renown plastic surgeoun who can show you many pictures and discuss what they plan to do in incredible depth, then do that instead. I now wish I just left my nose the way it was and saved my money. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!:)

Rhinoplasty

Posted on February 7th, 2014

If you want to work with someone who puts you at ease, is extremely competent, and a muse of his trade- work with Dr. Chiang. I have been self-conscious about my nose since high school. I feel reinvigorated- like a brand new woman! Thank you, a million times thank you!!!

Nose - Bump reduction

Posted on January 13th, 2014

When I went to Dr. Chiang, I was interested in decreasing the size of the hump on my nose and thinning the sides to reduce the width a small amount. I was not interested in changing the tip at all and I did not want to remove the bump entirely. Typically patients are interested in a perfectly straight, slightly upturned nose and since i was not, I wanted to make sure that the doctor I worked with was completely clear and felt confident s/he could accomplish my request to my satisfaction. Dr. Chiang is obviously incredibly knowledgeable, was not pushy and gave me the sense that I was in very good hands. He did exactly what I asked, even though i know it wasn't what he might have elected to do on his own. I am incredibly happy with the end result, my nose looks very natural (not "done" as is always the fear), and I would definitely recommend Dr. Chiang to anyone interested in the procedure.

Rhinoplasty

Posted on October 3rd, 2013

Wow, all these positive reviews. I agree he is a very polite doctor, but his work was far from perfect. I had a rhinoplasty with him to remove a a hump and narrow the tip a little, but it was a disaster. My perfectly straight nose had the shape I a C and my left nostrils was severely retracted. I had to spend over 25k to fix the problem. My nose will never look normal again. A year after my surgery with him I saw a girl who had the same issue with him. He did her revision, but her nose looked great after the second surgery.

Top Drawer Specialist

Posted on September 16th, 2013

Dr. Chiang is unfailingly polite and really takes the time to listen to his patients. This guy is a very well trained physician but does not display any of the arrogance that can make patient MD interactions poor. I have not had to see him for anything medically complex but would not hesitate to consult him if that were the case. He really seems to enjoy what he does and I think that makes a difference in the quality of care he provides. I haven't needed to see him in follow up, but he unfailingly encourages me to contact him with any questions or problems.

Posted on July 26th, 2013

Dr. Chiang is very professional and does an excellent job. He is also caring and I feel comfortable asking him any questions I might have . I feel that he's the best doctor I could go to for my restylane and botox treatments. I'm also happy with the Obaji skin care line I get from Dr. Chiang's office. It has really brightened and improved my complexion.

One of the best

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

Dr. Chiang Is a wonderful physician. He is trustworthy, friendly, caring, honest, knowledgeable, and skillful. I have been his patient for many years and will continue to be his patient forever.

Thorough Explanations, Patient, Skillful, Kind

Posted on July 17th, 2013

Dr. Chiang is simply great! I was so hesitant to inject botox. If my friends knew, I think they would be shocked as I am a health nut and anti-chemicals and meds. However, my frown lines were becoming so prominent and making feel unattractive. I explained all my fears to Dr. Chiang and he was so patient explaining all about botox and how it works. I felt he was very knowledgeable and I felt confident about the information he shared. He did not make me feel silly or ashamed about my fears and he explains everything while he is administering the procedures. He was and is always very kind about his patients concerns and listens very intently. After about a year, I inquired about fillers and their composition. After a lengthy discussion and two botox visits later, I felt I was ready. Due to my acne scarring I needed three vials and there was tenderness and swelling for a few days---but my kids did not notice and the results were well worth it. He explained the results would not last forever but for me that was not true. It has made a world of difference and now I just go in once a year for a touch up. I am so happy with every procedure that now I am seriously considering laser resurfacing (Fraxel) to finish off the acne scars. Thank you Dr. Chiang :)

Breathing Easy!

Posted on July 9th, 2013

I came to Dr Chiang with a longtime sports injury that partially blocked my breathing. His upbeat yet professional manner put me at ease as we discussed surgical options. I had confidence in his recommendations and the subsequent surgery was successful. I am literally breathing easier!

My Favorite Guy With a Needle!

Posted on July 4th, 2013

Always a fun visit with great results. Dr. C is professional, friendly and very good with clear explanations and treatment options. Nothing but good results from my Botox injections. I always look forward to my appointments.