Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Worst Doctor Ever show details Worst Doctor Ever
Aug 15th, 2016

My husband was admitted UC Davis Med Center because of complications from his Stage IV melanoma. His oncologists are at UCSF but we live in Sac and his PCP is with UC Davis. My husband was in the hospital due to an infection that became critical after his discharge from UC Davis rehab. We were hoping to get the situation under control so that he could then go to San Francisco for his next infusion of Yervoy. Dr. Christensen came to see my husband followed by his fawning group of baby doctors. He told me that the treatment my husband was receiving at UCSF (one of the best melanoma centers in the nation) was no good and that he was going to die any way. Then he insisted that my husband by discharged to home since there was no medical reason to keep him in this hospital. This was done over my objection and over the objection of the floor nurse. My husband's pain had not been controlled and he was not eating. The floor nurse wanted to keep him for four more days and then discharge him the day before his Yervoy treatment. Anyway, the pompous Dr. C. discharged my husband to home care with a visiting nurse. Less than 48 hours later, he returned to the hospital via a 911 emergency call and ambulance because was completely non-responsive. On top of not eating, and being in constant pain, my husband was sent home with C-def. He was in the ICU for several days before being released to a hospital room. At no time did Dr. Chistensen think it necessary to discuss my huband's case with his real doctors at UCSF. Why bother since he was going to die anyway? I filed a formal complaint with the hospital, but their policy prohibited UC Davis from telling me the outcome. Oddly enough, during this visit to the hospital, he was treated with great dignity and respect and I never had to deal with that bastard Christensen again. My husband ultimately died and never had the opportunity to continue his treatment. I wonder if he would have been able to get that treatment had Chistensen allowed him to stay in the hospital? Anyway, I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this pompous cretin. If it was possible to give zero stars, I would have.

by guinas shoonmaker on Apr 30th, 2016

awsome

Apr 7th, 2016

Absolutely the most caring competent physician one could ask for when facing treatment for cancer. Very compassionate and capable. Fully engages with patient and listens to me as well as he explains circumstances and options.

Poor Care, Poor Communication, Lack of Respect to Patient show details Poor Care, Poor Communication, Lack of Respect to Patient
Aug 11th, 2015

Dr Christiansen provided such poor care, poor communication, lacked the very basics of compassion, provided extremely poor informed consent, and was never invested in the care of a family member who had been referred to him. Dr Christiansen earned a high level of distrust with our family member in his care and our entire family by his own actions and accord. We sought and requested UC Davis remove him from care of our family member in his care for cancer. Despite being removed from caring for a family member by UC Davis, we later had to keep him away from impacting care of our family member when he showed up on the UC Davis hospital staff rotation...when our family member was in hospital at direction of his new doctor. Dr Christiansen was purposefully asked to stay out of room and away from our family member room. He ignored this and came into room anyway...and he attempted to discharge our family member prior to receiving the care prescribed by the doctor we had replaced him with. Our family stood up to him and challenged him in front of the students he cowardly brought into room...but his actions, carelessness, repeated disrespect and utter lack of compassion on multiple occasions, and cowardness and childishness in behaving this way are forever etched in our minds. We do not recommend him to care for cancer patients, based on first hand experience of him.