A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Cowan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cowan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cowan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Cowan, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Boston University . He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cowan has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Baystate Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Scott Cowan MD is a male Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Cowan practice?
- Dr. Robert Cowan has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Cowan practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Springfield, MA.
See Springfield Surgeons and Springfield Cardiothoracic Surgeons.