Overall Review

3.4

February 28th, 2015
Amazing doctor.
I was in a terrible car accident and Dr. Cowan saved motion in my arms. Direct to the point and accurate on diagnosis.

November 7th, 2012
Dr. Cowan appeared arrogant, short and very disrespectful. I have absolutely no answers to any of the questions I had when entering this facility, but what is more of a concern is that I actually left with many more questions and a lack of diagnosis. Dr. Cowan spent approximately 10-15 minutes with me, never addressing any of my concerns. I will never again subject myself, or anyone I care about, to be treated like this by a "professional". I am already in the process of obtaining a second opinion; actually due to the lack of information/diagnosis provided during this visit, it will be that of a first opinion.

October 22nd, 2011
brilliant surgeon
Dr Cowan's surgical skill prevented me from spending the rest of my life as a quadriplegic after a driver rear ended my car and broke my neck.

August 3rd, 2011
Not caring
He does not make patient feel comfortable or listen to patient describe pain. Does not make any attempt to "go above and beyond" the expectations. If he went into the medical profession because he wanted to help people, I think he forgot that part of helping is listening and making patients feel better at an emotional level. Also his nurse, Beth, was condescending to the patient; that type of behavior should never be allowed.

May 7th, 2010
Wonderful Surgeon
I went to Dr. Cowan 8 years ago for a disc herniation in the lumbar area. He diagnosed the problem, suggested and referred me for other options to avoid surgery and when it came down to surgery, took the time to explain every detail of the surgery and answer every question and concern I had. Unfortunately I am faced with yet another possibility of needing surgery and asked to be referred to Dr. Cowan again. He was empathetic and compassionate. He visited me after the surgery and the post-op care was fantastic. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my spine!