Dr. Robert Cowan Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Robert Cowan?

Spinal King

Posted on November 8th, 2017

I recently was diagnosed with 4 herniated discs in my neck (Cervical region), with major C7 nerve root compression. Extreme pain throughout my arm, upper back, neck, shoulder, fingers, and chest. I received three different opinions, Epidural injections & medication failed to relieve the 24/7 pain. Dr Cowan explained my condition perfectly in my initial appointment, was an utmost professional, and operated on my neck (ACDF surgery) back in September. Since then, the 24/7 pre-op nerve pain is gone, feeling is back in my left arm, hand, and fingers. I’ve been through several surgeries in my lifetime and Dr Cowan is hands down the best, when it comes to skill & expertise! If you have a debilitating spinal issue, he is the right surgeon to fix it.

Amazing doctor.

Posted on February 28th, 2015

I was in a terrible car accident and Dr. Cowan saved motion in my arms. Direct to the point and accurate on diagnosis.

Posted on November 7th, 2012

Dr. Cowan appeared arrogant, short and very disrespectful. I have absolutely no answers to any of the questions I had when entering this facility, but what is more of a concern is that I actually left with many more questions and a lack of diagnosis. Dr. Cowan spent approximately 10-15 minutes with me, never addressing any of my concerns. I will never again subject myself, or anyone I care about, to be treated like this by a "professional". I am already in the process of obtaining a second opinion; actually due to the lack of information/diagnosis provided during this visit, it will be that of a first opinion.

brilliant surgeon

Posted on October 22nd, 2011

Dr Cowan's surgical skill prevented me from spending the rest of my life as a quadriplegic after a driver rear ended my car and broke my neck.

Not caring

Posted on August 3rd, 2011

He does not make patient feel comfortable or listen to patient describe pain. Does not make any attempt to "go above and beyond" the expectations. If he went into the medical profession because he wanted to help people, I think he forgot that part of helping is listening and making patients feel better at an emotional level. Also his nurse, Beth, was condescending to the patient; that type of behavior should never be allowed.

Wonderful Surgeon

Posted on May 8th, 2010

I went to Dr. Cowan 8 years ago for a disc herniation in the lumbar area. He diagnosed the problem, suggested and referred me for other options to avoid surgery and when it came down to surgery, took the time to explain every detail of the surgery and answer every question and concern I had. Unfortunately I am faced with yet another possibility of needing surgery and asked to be referred to Dr. Cowan again. He was empathetic and compassionate. He visited me after the surgery and the post-op care was fantastic. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my spine!

Posted on June 20th, 2017