Dr. Emmett Elledge MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 30th, 2017
Good Doctor
Dr. Elledge genuinely cares about his patients. He does care even if he doesn't always resolve the problem being addressed. Sometimes doctors don't climb out of the box and think. It happens. He does care, though, and he will try to heal you. I don't believe he cares about money, which is a whole lot more than I can say about most of his colleagues at ENT Associates of Alabama. Wish he wasn't affiliated with them due to some of their highly unethical practices. Also, super disappointed when, while he was helping me, Trinity Medical Center closed and Grandview Medical Center opened. Realize Dr. Elledge had absolutely nothing to do with the move and was pretty much forced to head to Highway 280. Hate it for him because I know he must've lost at least 40% of his patients in the transition. Elderly patients are reluctant to start driving to Highway 280 after years of convenience in much less hectic traffic. Sure some believed they were being left behind and found care elsewhere. It is not easy for many of our elderly to tackle 280. Come on, why expect them to do so when 280 is a nightmare for all ages? In a perfect world, Grandview would provide an around-the-clock, door-to-door shuttle to ensure their continuity of care. Alas, our world is flawed and as far from that ideal as you can get (especially in Alabama). Shame because Dr. Elledge does care and is genuinely concerned about his patients' well-being. Great staff except for one very, very rude assistant. No matter her personality, she should not be so condescending to patients honestly struggling with major complications, especially potentially life-threatening challenges. She needs to take a social cue from the other lovely women who could absolutely not be kinder and more compassionate to patients. Bravo to them and best wishes to Dr. Elledge and his (relatively) new practice at Grandview.

November 12th, 2015
Dr Elledge is wonderful. I had been seeing another ENT for a few years and didn't get the results I got wit Dr Elledge.

November 4th, 2015
Best Doctor Around
Dr. Elledge is without a doubt one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. Dr. Elledge has cared for me for around 10 years now. He solved my reoccurred ear infection issue, took out my tonsils/adenoids several years ago, & was the only doctor to realize that I needed to see an immunologist when my constant infections became too chronic. I feel so lucky to have found such an outstanding doctor that works so hard to help his patients. Would recommend (and have) to friends, family, and anyone that needs an exceptional doctor on their side!

May 22nd, 2012
Life Changing
I'm a 27 year old black woman and i've had post nasal drip since about 15 or 16. I just had this everyday drip not really knowing I really had a sinus problem. I kinda just dealt with it over the years. I then noticed my siblings speaking that my breath smelled bad. I knew they weren't trying to hurt my feelings. My self-esteem went down. I went to the dentist constantly. I later did research and found out it was my sinuses along with post-nasal drip. I decided to go see Dr. Elledge on a Thursday. He then asked how do I breathe everyday. He found me to be very stuffy and inside nose tissues to be very swollen. He temporarily relieved the swollen inflamed tissue and I felt a total difference...I even teared up because of it. He also discovered I had a sinus infection that appeared to be there for a while. He said surgery would help. Snip some of the tissue to keep from becoming so swollen due to allergies and to breathe freely. He performed surgeries on Fridays and I asked him to put me down. I want to go through with. I'm at my wits end. I did the surgery and success!! My siblings no longer smell my breath. It's fresh...like baby breath. I'm so happy I made that choice. I'm more confident to speak and I breathe fresh hair.

September 19th, 2008
Needs improvement
Used to be great, but could use a ton of improvement!

December 28th, 2016