Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Life Changing show details Life Changing
May 22nd, 2012

I'm a 27 year old black woman and i've had post nasal drip since about 15 or 16. I just had this everyday drip not really knowing I really had a sinus problem. I kinda just dealt with it over the years. I then noticed my siblings speaking that my breath smelled bad. I knew they weren't trying to hurt my feelings. My self-esteem went down. I went to the dentist constantly. I later did research and found out it was my sinuses along with post-nasal drip. I decided to go see Dr. Elledge on a Thursday. He then asked how do I breathe everyday. He found me to be very stuffy and inside nose tissues to be very swollen. He temporarily relieved the swollen inflamed tissue and I felt a total difference...I even teared up because of it. He also discovered I had a sinus infection that appeared to be there for a while. He said surgery would help. Snip some of the tissue to keep from becoming so swollen due to allergies and to breathe freely. He performed surgeries on Fridays and I asked him to put me down. I want to go through with. I'm at my wits end. I did the surgery and success!! My siblings no longer smell my breath. It's fresh...like baby breath. I'm so happy I made that choice. I'm more confident to speak and I breathe fresh hair.

Needs improvement show details Needs improvement
by Essie on Sep 18th, 2008

Used to be great, but could use a ton of improvement!