Dr. Scott Ellis MD Patient Reviews

3.8

November 20th, 2016
Dr. Ellis is an exceptional doctor! I visited a number of highly skilled doctors over the years to find the best one for my issues and Dr. Ellis was "the one". He is knowledgeable, caring and skilled. I have been his patient on and off for 5 years. He spends a lot of time with his patients and at times, this can mean he runs behind schedule a bit but I chose to believe that one day, I may be that patient that needed a little extra attention that day! HSS is highly ranked and very specialized hospital which is why I will travel 4 hours one way to see him. There are many skilled doctors here in my home tome but Dr. Ellis has been the best doctor for me and my foot and ankle issues. Once you get to see him, and granted it can take some time to get the initial appointment, I have found that he remains accessible and willing to take the time to explain any issue. I highly recommend Dr. Ellis and his first assist Dr. Costigliola and the rest of his staff. One thing you can expect... This Foot and Ankle group is a busy place...If you can accept this then I think you will be well served. I personally think that busy is a good sign, and reiterate that I so appreciate the guidance and time he always gives me when I see him. Last point, Dr. Ellis is simply a kind and gentle person.

May 26th, 2016
The best!!!
Dr Ellis truly listens and educated me on my toe issue. He is gentle, considerate, and an outstanding physician. A true healer. I am so glad I found him for my Ortho issues. He has also helped me in the past for ankle issues too. His staff including Justin and Bridgette are awesome too.

December 10th, 2015
I had an emergency and was able to go in and see Dr. Ellis. I needed to have tendon surgery and the overall experience has been great. The HSS staff has been courteous and helpful. Dr. Ellis has put my at ease about my surgery and during my rehabilitation. I would recommend him and HSS in the future.

November 2nd, 2015
Absolutely fabulous, Dr. Ellis and his staff. I'll have my surgery in January, and the way they have kept in touch is amazing.

July 28th, 2015
I've seen Doctor Ellis a few times, in hopes of getting help for an ongoing pain for ankle fracture a few years ago. The response I've been given is to go to another doctor because of how weird the fact I have pain and I shouldn't. When I asked for something to relieve the pain, one of the office assistance said ,"He won't prescribe narcotics. But, I'll ask." During the call not once did I ask for narcotics and in his voice I could hear it was him trying not say anything but, thinking I'm a drug seeker. And quite frankly I'd rather be healed and not be on any medication at all. Dr. Ellis is a good doctor however, the high hopes that I had by going to the Hospital of Special Surgery(Ranked #1 in orthopedics by US News) to finally end my pain, have been let down.

April 6th, 2015
Was unable to identify a serious foot fracture / injury after examining foot and reviewing MRI !! Go Get a second opinion please !

March 1st, 2013
worse doctor I ever met
waited over 2 years for an appointment. Original appointment was cancelled and had to wait another 3 weeks to be scheduled. Took patients out of turn. Was rude.

October 18th, 2012
Don't bother making an appointment with this MD
cancelled an appointment and made me wait an additional 2 weeks. Waited over 90 minutes to see him. Told me he had to perform surgery and cancelled my appointment at this office. He also did this to several patients/veterans at the Bronx VA.

August 18th, 2011
Lisa G
I had a slip and fall this past winter and hoped my ankle would heal on it's own. Wrong. I was sent to HSS for reconstructive surgery and Dr. Ellis. My fears are all gone - I had the reconstructive surgery and my ankle feels great and is healing nicely. If you can get an appt, you will be with the best. He is personable as well.