Dr. Scott Elrod MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 7 reviews

March 8th, 2016
Elrod is dangerous
I had a session with this man almost 20 years ago when I was in a time of need. Rather than really looking into what was really going on with me he just insisted that I take a medication without any explanation of possible negative side effects. I have suffered for the last 18-19 years from the negative effects of this drug and have worked with several other doctors to try and get off it. It is extremely difficult to quit taking once started. I've managed to cut down to 1/3 of the dosage he prescribed but thats it. The drug's side effects Have caused a major disruption in my life for many years. I wish I had never met this so called doctor. He's a fraud. Be wise and stay away. Even one star is too much.

July 27th, 2014
think twice
Anyone who uses threats and intimidation as "therapeutic" tools should think twice about being in this line of work. This was exactly my experience with this doctor. Will never see him again and would advise others in a vulnerable state of mind to avoid him.

December 29th, 2013
Don't waste your time
From my brief experience with him, he is not a doctor who instills trust at all. He was brusque, rigid, borderline contemptuous and didn't seem interested in offering assistance. Kind of a burnout.

August 17th, 2012
My Therpist said Dr. Elrod is the best in Missoula
She was right! He is no nonsense and kept me on track during my appointment. The doc is intelligent and curious. Perhaps not the most caring, but that is the role of my therapist.

April 26th, 2012
The Best Doctor There is!!! Might know it all, but Knows a very lot!! Helped me when no one else could.

October 23rd, 2010
Dealt with Dr. Elrod when a family member was dealing with severe depression. I was very surprised and dismayed when he berated her for being "weak" because she felt like harming herself. He also prescribed a certain medication, even though he'd been informed by both of us she'd previously had a severe reaction to it. Not impressed at all.

May 21st, 2009
Tends to jump to conclusions, doesn't always listen very well. Overall, he is a bit of a "know it all", not open to second opinions.