Dr. Scott Farmer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 25 reviews

November 3rd, 2016
Worth the Wait
The people complaining about the wait to see Dr. Farmer are the same people who eagerly take the extra time he offers his patients without charge and conveniently forget that when it's not their turn. I've been a patient of Dr. Farmer's for many years and he's consistently gone above and beyond to ensure that my treatment has been covered by my insurance and that I've reamined stable, treating me as a partner in my own treatment and never judged or gotten upset when I've provided alternative suggestions or questions about my treatment plan.

September 22nd, 2015
Needs to buy an alarm clock
Why does Dr. Farmer think it's ok to keep a child, on a school night, waiting over 3 hours after his appointment time? I know, he's trying to give everyone the time they need. Then, don't schedule 15 minute appointments. His staff is rude when you call. They don't follow up. One person makes an appointment for you, the next says you have no appointment. I truly believe Dr. Farmer cares, and tries to do a good job. However, his time management is so bad, it makes it almost impossible to be his patient. His rude staff are argumentative and miserable to deal with.

September 9th, 2015
Dr. Farmer is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. The wait time is long, but worth it. He spends as much time with patients as he needs to. He is a brilliant man.

August 9th, 2015
Fantastic doctor. I used to have him as an inpatient doctor at Florida hospital. Really cool guy. I see him outpatient now.

April 24th, 2015
Waited 2.5 hrs after appointment time.

January 30th, 2015
Dedicated, overworked shrink.."No respect"..
Dr. Is excellent, intelligent and caring. That is why he runs late, he sees all the patients that other DRs won't... He could make a lot more $$ by letting these ungrateful patients find a doctor to take their inferior insurances..Try to find other doctors!

December 31st, 2014
Grateful patient
I have never wrote a review on an anybody, any service, any thing. Reading these reviews compelled me to share my experience as a patient of Dr. Farmer. First I should give you some background. Three years ago I tried to commit.......... twice. I was so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- terrible distraught over life!!! I DON'T CARE HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He saves lives! Please - he is the one doctor, out of many, who took the time to listen and care and make me want to live! Okay, so - is a life worth 3 to 4 hours? Think about it!!!!! Maybe, just maybe, you should not be so selfless and think about the patient he has in office while you are waiting! Maybe, just maybe, he is saving a LIFE!!!!!!

December 23rd, 2014
5 hours late.
I'm here in Dr. Farmers waiting room now. It's 5:05 PM. My apt was for more than an hour ago, but I know he's awlays running very behind, so I came at 4:45. Got to the window and heard the girl telling the guy in front of me that there were 8 - yes, EIGHT, people in front of him. One of whome was a new patient. An hour for a new patient, and let's say 15 minutes, minimally, for existing patients, and that puts him a total of proximately 3 hours behind. I just can't see this doctor any more. He's a good guy, but he can't run an office, at all. Also consider this - beyond the incredible rudeness of making people wait half a day for an appointment, and the serious lack of confidence it inspires, is the fact there is no way, simply no possible way, that he could be providing appropriate attention to people when he knows there are a dozen aggravated, late people in the waiting room. The staff have left, it's just unacceptable. I've been seeing him for a few months and I like him well enough, but this has to be the last apt with dr farmer. In a million years I could not in conciounse recommend dr farmer to anyone. If he were a donut shop I couldnt recommend it.

November 18th, 2014
Great doctor, Worth the long wait period to make a apt/see doc.
Well the other day I had finally gotten into my 1st apt while waiting 2 months to actually get into this doctor. After getting there I was waiting in the office for about 2 hours to see the doctor. But when I finally got in his office 1 on 1 to see him, He was the 1st doctor that actually took his time to talk to me and figure out what plan would work best for me and how he could help in anyway. I highly recommend this doctor thats looking for a kind and compassionate nice doctor/all around nice guy.

October 31st, 2014
Excellent doctor but needs to learn the definition of punctuality
Dr. Farmer is an excellent psychiatrist. He is an extremely caring and open-minded doctor. The only reason I don't rate him higher is because of the interminable waits (1-2, even up to 3 hours). Appointment times are a joke. Bring an entertaining and long book with you and make sure you have nothing scheduled the rest of the day. Go see him in the morning if you can, before he gets backed up. The office staff is also a bit unpleasant. I'd switch doctors, but he has me on a good cocktail of meds that is working well, and I actually do feel good about seeing him when I finally am able to get into his office.

December 16th, 2013
I came away from my appointment with Scott Farmer with a couple of indelible impressions. First, he is the most rude and thoughtless doctor I have ever had. He kept me waiting for over an hour and a half before he saw me; then, he carried on during our session for another hour and a half, the last 20 minutes of which was an impassioned, pointless, indecipherable, self-serving, non-stop, frightening rant about what I don't know. I tried three or four times first to get him to focus and clarify whatever point he was trying to make and second to have him stop. He not only took no cues, but he also ignored all efforts to insert sanity into his carrying-on. His eyes literally got red and moist and his face was flushed. I am not a medical person but I literally came away with concerns about his own mental health and the strong feeling he has no business "treating" other people.

December 2nd, 2013
I have left 5 messages for a returned call within 3 weeks with no returned calls from staff or Dr. farmer. Meeting with Dr Farmer I felt like he didn't care so much about my needs for seeing him, but making sure he got paid for every second of his time. I am disappointed.