Dr. Scott Fishman Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Scott Fishman?

September 13th, 2017

Brilliant and attentive doctor

Dr. Fishman is a brilliant and intense physician who has dedicated his life to the treatment of pain. I found him to be personable and talented. He focused on my needs and helped me to address my debilitating, chronic migraines.

August 30th, 2016

UCD Pain Mgmt Clinic Head Dr. is a horrible joke

Horrible. Just horrible. He is so bad you realize you have just become the butt of a horrible joke by being his patient. No care or concern whatsoever. Don't believe the 5 star reviews. They are obvious plants.

August 9th, 2016

A WASTE OF TIME

Another doctor with a God complex. He spent most of the visit telling me how wonderful the drug Suboxone was even after I told him that Suboxone would not take care of my original pain problems. In fact after seeing him I found that several of the things he had been preaching to me varied from incorrect to blatant lies. And I am still waiting to recieve his official written recommendations for my problems. The way he kept going on and on about suboxone made me wonder how much he was getting paid by the drug company. ADVOID!

August 19th, 2015

BEST DOCTOR EVER!

BEST DOCTOR EVER! I have never meet a doctor who cared so much about me as a person! I highly recommend Dr. Fishman!!!

August 14th, 2015

Jack Russell

Rude arrogant afraid to prescribe meds. Government has him and staff by the balls

March 25th, 2015

Excellent

Very helpful. Spent a great deal of time with me answering questions and discussing diagnosis and treatment. Checked in following each treatment to again answer questions and assess my response. The treatment was effective and has decreased pain.

February 19th, 2015

Arrogant, dismissive, demeaning

My appointment with Dr Fishman involved him lecturing me on my pain meds, prescribed by my PCP, for a variety of illnesses caused by a syndrome due to a fellow doctor at UCD prescribing me after I told her I was allergic to them but who insisted I take them anyway. It has ruined my life and ended a career I spent 8 years of college and graduate school to obtain, leaving me in constant pain, bed-ridden, and permanently disabled. He nor his resident had ever heard of my syndrome (Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome), didn't ask or care about my levels of pain and impairment, dismissed all my questions, refusing to answer, then demeaning my career and resulting disability. He didn't listen to anything I said, showed absolutely no compassion, and couldn't even recommend any alternatives to the pain meds I've been prescribed and taking as directed for six years. He was arrogant, insinuated I was lying, despite 2,000+ pages of test records and documentation of my illnesses, and told me he expected me to blindly follow his words while disrespecting me and my experience. All this concluded with him telling me I was taking too many meds, which don't begin to lower my pain level lower than a 5 at best while on them, and stated he has no alternative to offer instead. He was one of the worst doctors I've seen regarding my illnesses (out of MANY horrible doctors at UCD, all of whom are more interested in preventing litigation, which was never threatened though it should have been in hindsight, and was far past my statute of limitations, than with treating my many resulting issues that grow worse every year and trying to help me get some kind of life back). He just expected me to live in unlivable pain and languish away. I am 41 years old, have NO history of dishonesty, am intelligent and well-educated, and have always shown my doctors respect no matter what I really think about them. Dr. Fishman openly disrespected my profession as a school psychologist, saying it's far below a clinical psychologist, and was more interested in whether I was on government assistance, which I'm not and never have been, since I paid into a private retirement company, and despite the fact that my salary exceeded $100,000 while I was able to work, as though I prefer this non-life of almost complete non-function and pain to that of money, happiness in all areas of my life, and VERY high levels of healthy activity. I left his office sobbing and so angry that I could have taken a bat to his head. Worst doctor ever! He's clearly past his prime of compassion and resolution, and well into his time of jaded burn out. Trust me and go to someone else for help, which was not me asking for more pain meds but openly asking for ANY alternatives. Those of us with chronic pain and illness suffer enough without his attitude.

March 30th, 2015