A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Houghton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Houghton, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Morbid Obesity
Education & Awards
Dr. Houghton graduated from Creighton University, Omaha.
Dr. Houghton has 2 hospital affiliations:
- St. Cloud Hospital
- Melrose Area Hospital Centracare
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Houghton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 4 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 17 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott G. Houghton practice?
Dr. Scott Houghton practices Surgery and Trauma Surgery near Saint Cloud, MN.
See Saint Cloud Surgeons.