A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Smith is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Smith, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ganglion Cysts
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of California at Los Angeles.
Dr. Smith has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Sutter General Hospital
- Sutter Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 86 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott G. Smith practice?
Dr. Scott Smith practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Sacramento, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Elk Grove, CA.
See Sacramento Surgeons.