A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Garvey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Garvey is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Garvey, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Garvey graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Garvey has 10 hospital affiliations:
- McKenzie - Willamette Medical Center
- Legacy Good Samaritan Hosp & Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Garvey accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 18 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott A. Garvey practice?
Dr. Scott Garvey practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, and Cardiac Electrophysiology near Portland, OR.
Additional practice locations include: Astoria, OR and Springfield, OR.
See Portland Internists and Portland Cardiologists.