Dr. Scott Gherini MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 27th, 2014
patient
I have been suffering with a bid hip for years. The other Dr. I began with got me on a great program to loose weight before having surgery. after loosing 60lbs and doing pool aerobics and physical therapy, the weight loss stopped. I went back to that doctor in more pain than the year before ready for the surgery. I was told I needed to loose another 40lbs. It wasn't happening. I was doing the pool 6 hours a week, sticking to the vegetarian food plan...I could not do more exercise, I can barely walk. They had no sympathy. It took me a while to seek a 2nd opinion for fear that I would get the same cold hard answer. I had heard wonderful things about Dr. G. I went to his office. I had heard he was a bit of an odd duck but that was perfect for my as I am a Three Stooges fan. I could not have been happier. We looked at my X-Rays together, he explained things no one else bothered to. My weight was not the cause of my problem as my other hip was fine !!! He actually touched the area where the surgery would be performed, The other Dr. never touched my body, and said he saw no problem doing it. Wow ! What a difference. When I left the other Dr.'s office, I cried all the way home and went and got a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. When I left Dr. G's office I shopped for healthy food and ordered a nutria bullet. I have to loose weight yes but the ability to walk will help me do that. I am very thankful for this man. I am looking forward to my next visit and getting this taken care of after being in pain for years.

April 6th, 2011
Diamond in the rough
Dr. Gherini was my surgeon for 2 complex hip revisions. If you look past his sometimes quirky personality you'll see that he is a dedicated, brilliant surgeon who shines where it really counts--in the operating room.

August 6th, 2010
Don't bother
This Dr. was a little weird. He seems aloof and talking with him is quite frustrating. He argues with his staff in front of patients he is not easy to talk to. Then they didn't tell me when I first called for an apt. that he only operates in some hospital in Ukiah which is hours from Sacramento. He may be a good surgeon, I don't really know cuz I didn't stay past the 1st visit, I simply wasted my time. I can't recommend this Dr to anyone.

April 29th, 2010
Utterly Rude
I had an appointment with Dr Gherini and while I was having my x-rays, my husband arrived at the office. He was not greeted bt the staff and after asking if I was there, instead of answering, Dr Gherini made several rude personel comments about my husbands shape and the shirt he was wearing to the other ladies in the office.My husband is a little large around the middle,does this give the Doctor the right to ridicule him, embarres him? I find this sort of behavour un-profesional and disgracefull. I would never recomend this doctor to anyone who may not come up to his standard of shape and dress!