Dr. Scott Goodman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 23rd, 2016
Disappointed
I waited 6 months to see a neurologist. I lived an hour away. On our way there his office called to tell me he doesn't treat the neurological problems I had. I explained that to get a correct dx, a neuro had to rule anything else out. He was rude and disrespectful. He told me I was suffering from PTSD. I have since seen 3 well respected neuros, including one several times at Cleveland Clinic, where I was dx with multi focal dystonia. I now see a Neurologist at NebMed. Don't be fooled, his office is in NebMed but he is NOT part of the group. He only rents space there. Had I not had a great team of doctors in my hometown to help me find the correct doctors to get me dx and treated, who knows how much worse I would have suffered. His office refused to take a complaint or listen. Please don't ever settle for a doctor that doesn't take the time to study or actually listen and let's their ego get in the way of helping you.

March 6th, 2015
Absolutely the worst practitioner in the medical community.
Following the retirement of my previous neurologist of 4 years, I was forced to continue therapy with another specialist . Dr. Scott Goodman was highly recommended by my previous doctor because his training was Mayo Clinic certified, which is regarded as the most intelligent and respected resource for aspiring practitioners in Neurology/Mental Health. My initial impression of him following the first appointment was positive. I admit I was taking a rather odd assortment of medications, but I assured him this was only temporary, and I was fully aware of the side effects and possible long-term damage of continuing this route. His response was "Everybody's different, if this regimen is working for you, that's perfectly normal." I realize now that his bedside manner is consistent with that of a sociopath; acting friendly at first to gain trust, but in reality doesn't care if you live or die. During the 7 month duration that he was my neurologist, * I never missed an appointment. * I paid all co-payments, including a ridiculous new patient fee not covered by insurance. *Never called for extra re-fills, nor did I request dosage increases. All of a sudden, during my last appointment, he stated that I was in fact NOT normal, and the medications that were prescribed to me for the past 4 years by a licensed neurologist who's practiced medicine 22 years longer than Goodman, he treated me like I was a drug addict. I realize now he contradicted his statement from the first appointment just to get me pay the $100 new patient fee, and now he doesn't want me as a patient anymore. He gave a two months supply of prescriptions, and instructed I see a psychiatrist. I explained him that my insurance plan only covers neurology, and not psychiatry. He didn't care, his last response was "Life's hard, deal with it." Also, didn't provide instructions on how to safely taper off/withdraw from these medications, he just left the room.

March 4th, 2015
Not recommended
Doe not listen to your issues. Has his own routine and your not part part of it. No eye contact. You tell of symptoms and he says we will get back to that, and doesnt. Does not document what you tell him. Does not seem to care about your symptoms.

August 19th, 2013
Dr. Goodman is the BEST for migraines!!!
Dr. Goodman has been treating me for chronic migraines for the past two and a half years. I have had severe migraine headaches for over 30 years and Dr. Goodman has always been very concerned and thorough every time I have gone to see him. I will say that after all of these years, I have far less headaches than I ever have and I credit him for that. He doesn't give up and he keeps trying until he finds something that works. His bedside manner is terrific and he always makes time to chat for a couple of minutes. I would recommend him to anyone looking for migraine relief! The staff is also fantastic, front desk is always friendly and the nurses are very easy to contact and always helpful.

July 17th, 2012
great doc
great bedside manor!! Good at getting to bottom of your problem!!

September 5th, 2011
Bedside manner will cause me not to return unfortunately.
Dr.Goodman is a funny guy. Seems is pretty knowledgable but overall I found his bedside manner to be unsatisfactory and will not be returning. 1. I have alot of neurolgical and back pain. I was discussing what medications I have been taking and that I was now off of morphine. I told him both my pcp and I didnt want me on it. He asks why were you addicted to it? 2. When examing my eyes in the dark my pupils were larger than normal. I believe this is from adrenal fatigue. He blatenly asks me are you on drugs? I was like what!!!? NO! Your not on drugs? I said NO I am NOT other than what you guys prescribe me. 3. When he went to explain possible side effects of Topamax (for headaches) he said are you listening? Im looking right at the guy with full attention!! 4. He looked at me with this wierd smirk and said I cant fix you..well you were asking me what my main pain issues were and I went on about my neck. Never asked him to fix me. I already tried that with a fusion and it didnt work obviously. Sigh. Just didnt feel much like he cared. Like I said he is funny and sounds like he is good at what he does but I dont want to pay all of that money and be disrespected any longer. I just had a hard exit with my last pcp for these very reasons. We are human beings and consumers. That means we are your customer and are paying for good services. I feel like alot of drs have forgotten this unfortunately.
Doctor's Response

Your situation is extremely challenging from the standpoint of pain management. As you said in your comments, I really didn't know what treatment to offer you that would help, so I felt that I could not "fix you." I am truly sorry that I left you with the impression that I do not care. Quite to the contrary, I spent a lot of time with you, reviewed your case thoroughly, and made every effort I could to come up with a treatment that would help. Also, I am sorry if you felt I was passing judgment on your pain medications. I try to be non-judgmental but in this case it appears that I failed. *Any* human being who takes opiate pain medications on a chronic basis is subject to addiction and abuse, and dealing with those issue is an essential part of chronic pain management. It is a fair question. I think I asked the question in too blunt of a manner, which offended you, and for that I am sorry. I think what you got from me, in addition to my smirk (I guess I will have to work on that), was a sense of great frustration. Again, your case very difficult and I felt I could not help you. I wish you luck in your endeavors to find effective pain management. Scott Goodman, M.D.

March 9th, 2017