Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
Emerald Coast Pain Services
3997 Commons Dr W
Ste M
Destin, FL 32541
800-489-3277
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A Thankful Patient  |  show details
by Dianne on May 27th, 2014

I Thank Brandi, the Medtronic Representative, for helping me find Dr. Haufe and his excellent and personable staff! He is truly my hero for taking my case and helping me get my life back. He did not have to accept me and has been a true blessing ! He really cares and gives his all. I love his staff as well. Never a long wait and the office is very comfortable. He spends the time necessary to make sure I understand and always makes sure I know that he is available if I need him and makes time to see me. He is a ten star in my book!

|  Worst staff and Dr. ever!  |  show details
by Unsatisfied patient on Apr 23rd, 2014

Office staff is rude, especially the one at the window. Privacy (Hippa) was violated more than once. Uncaring, just wants the money! Dr. doesn't have a clue what he did the visit before, has to ask patient. Billing is ALWAYS wrong and has to be corrected. Dr. Haugh did not help with pain only wants to make $$$$$$. Greedy.

|  I have been to three pain docs and he is the best  |  show details
by Walter on Feb 25th, 2014

Was referred to Him after I have an issue with another doc and my primary wouldn't take care of my medications. I have pain from a prior back surgery and the first time we spoke, he was with me for an hour which susprised me because everyone now days is in and out. He explained my problem for the first time so I could understand it. He told me what he could do and was very helpful. The front staff is very nice, especially the receptionist who always calls me honey, Lol. I have been seeing him for about six months and the pain is definitely improved, not gone, but better around 50%. I recommend him.

|  Worst dr ever!  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2014

The first two times I went to him I had to wait over 2 hours to get in the back to see him. The second time I brought it up and he got visibly upset and haughty and never treated me the same after that. He did injections on me that made the pain worse and when I told him that he implied I was lying. Gave confidential information out about my medical condition to people who were not on my list as authorized to receive that information. Staff was rude, office smells like old people. I ended up needing to have back surgery and when I told the nurse that (he stopped even seeing me after a few visits and I only saw the nurse) I heard her tell him in the hallway. She left the door open, which he didn't realize, and when she said I was scheduled for back surgery he said "good, now I'll finally be rid of her. ". What did I ever do to him? My feelings were so hurt I almost started crying and I even had to go back one more time to get meds before my surgery. If I had had any other options I would never have been back. I have literally never felt so upset or mistreated by a dr in my life.

|  Caring  |  show details
by Alison on Jan 11th, 2014

Spends time with you and answers your questions. The whole staff is very nice and I never have any complaints. Highly recommend him.

|  Helpful  |  show details
by Deborah on Nov 29th, 2013

The staff is very nice. Louise at the front is always pleasant. They appear concerned and always spend time with me. I have seen a couple other pain management doctors and dr. Haufe and their staff are the best so far. I recommend them, especially if you others have not helped.

|  I recommend him  |  show details
by Harold on Sep 23rd, 2013

He appears very concerned and spent over an hour with me the first time I met him. I learned more from him than anyone before. So far so good.

|  Fixed my burning pain  |  show details
by Jodie P on Jul 30th, 2013

Had some periferal neuropathy and been taking lyrica for the pain with some improvement. he suggested some injection to destroy some nerve and it has improved my pain 80%. why didn't the other guys suggest this? I wish I was referred to him eariler.

|  Great doc  |  show details
by Johnny on Jul 23rd, 2013

I went to him because my family doctor recommended him after my prior pain doctor couldn't help me. I have an weird pain problem with groin pain and I had prior surgery for this which just made things worse. He looked me over and told me that he would investigate my problem. I was amazed when the next time I saw him that he actually did look into my problem and found a surgeon in south florida who could fix my problem. I had surgery done and I am fifty percent improved. I have been to Vanderbilt and mayo and no one knew what to do. I was at wits end. Now, I can at least function with half the pain. As a doctor, he goes the extra mile for you

|  Offered me something  |  show details
by John M on Apr 28th, 2013

I have been to Dr. Haufe for over a year. He tried some injections which helped but I couldn't get off the lortab. He convinced me to go to get pine surgery which initially cred the you know out of me. But I got the surgery and I am now off the pills. My wife is so happy. Obviously he didn't do the surgery but he helped me get there. Without him I would still be popping pills.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2013

The most unprofessional staff I have ever encountered. Warning, do not see this physician. Staff violates Hippa, are rude and do not tell the truth.

|  great  |  show details
by wilma on Mar 20th, 2013

i have seen him for a couple years and he has my pain under control with injections and lortab. I was horrible before i saw him. i have a two level fusion and the leg pain was severe but he has me down to a 3. he is the best pain doctor I have been to.

|  Actually listens to you  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

I was at wits end with the pain. I was seeing someone who just was giving me pills and trigger point injections. My depression was huge. The first time I met him, he sat and talked with me for an hour and a half. He told me about what he could do. He has literally saved my life. I can now function and live instead of just laying in bed all day.

|  Caring  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Actually listens to you and has options instead of just pills or epidurals. He spent over an hour with me during our first visit.

|  Dan  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

From the moment I met the guy I liked him. He I the only guy who offered me hope instead of just. Bottle of pills. I have been seeing him for six months and my only concern is that he'll move away like all the other good docs always seem to do. If you don't believe me then you will once you actually meet him. High quality guy

|  Tari  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

I have lupus and he has been a lifesaver for me. No one else takes Medicaid. Not only does he take it but he treats me like a person and not like everyone doctor who works with Medicaid. He gives you real options and doesn't just shove pills in your face. The best pain doc I have ever had.

|  Friendly Pain Management  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2011

I first read about him on his blog/pain forum. Then once I had medicare, I made an appointment and so far so good. He has been kind,caring and helpful. He seems to understand my problems better than I do. I am scheduled for a few procedures next month. I will be able to tell you more after they are performed.

|  Carol K  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

dr. Haufe was originally my husbands doctor but I have been seeing him for the past year for my leg pain. He has always been there for me and he never rushes me. He is honest and treats me like a person when a lot of docs look at me like I'm nuts. I know eventually I'll need surgery but he is keeping me going. He cares when other docs don't .

|  Frances  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

He has been one of my doctors for five years. Even though he moved to Destin, I still we travel the hour to see him. He always listens to me and seems to really care.

|  Benny  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

Not a lot of choices around here but dr. Scott is great. Not a lot that can be done for me due to my shoulder injury but he trys his best to keep me going.

|  Kendra with back pain  |  show details
by Kendra on Dec 6th, 2010

I like him. Talks nice to me and not like i'm stupid. I recommend him

|  Great  |  show details
by james on Oct 14th, 2010

the first doctor to tell me what was going on and what could be done.made sure my questions were answered.I only seen him twice but so far so good.

|  from bev  |  show details
by bev on Sep 18th, 2010

Dr. Haufe has been my pain doctor for years. He started at the hospital down the street but he has always taken my insurance, even if his partner docs don't. very kind and always there for me. truly a gem, god bless him and I hope doesn't leave.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by George on Jun 23rd, 2010

My name is george and I have been seeing Dr. Haufe for 7 years as my pain doctor. He is the best doctor I have ever had. He listens to me and makes sure I understand what he plans to do. I have had several injections from him and I never had a problem.