Family Physicians, General Practitioner

Cave Spring Family Practice
4901 Brambleton Ave
Roanoke, VA 24018
540-777-4000
Locations and availability (1)

|  Visit this Doc at your health's expense  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Rude staff, and a this doctor is unknowledgeable. I wonder how he even graduated med school. :(

|  Not Lyme Literate  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

I have all the classic symptoms of Lyme disease and even tested positive for Lyme disease. Dr. Hippeard told me that yes you did test positive for Lyme but I don't think that your symptoms (numbness and tingling in hands and feet, fibromyalgia, shooting pains in hands and knees, alternating knee pain, chronic fatigue, brain fog, trouble sleeping, back pain, stiff neck, anxiety, irritability, joint pain, digestive problems.... but are NOT related to Lyme disease. I had to ask for the Lyme test myself, which came back positive. I can understand why he said my symptoms were not related because he lost my medical chart. When I complained about the pain he gave me Lortab 5's 2x daily and on the label it states "must last 1 month" not as needed for pain. Then sent me to pain management because he dosen't like prescribing pain meds. I did found a Lyme literate doctor in Salem, Janine Taltey, and will begin seeing her in 2012. If you have time, look up lyme disease symptoms, you may have it your self. There is a very informative movie in this subject titled "Under Our Skin". It is on Nexflix as well as Hulu. He is a good Family practice dodor but I would not recommend him if you are seriously ill. Lyme is the fastest growing infectious disease in the world.

|  went thru a few doctors before I found Dr. Hippeard  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

He is excellent doctor. . . I had back problems and depression problems that I had been trying to deal with for a year or more thru other docs and psychiatrists. . . Not to mention all the doctors just to fix it with lortabs which only mask the problem not fix. . . no other doctors even felt my back to feel the knots. . . Dr Hippeard perscribed me a 5 back of steriods and problem fixed! Why didn't any other doc think of that. . . also other doctors were saying i was clinically depressed when really I found that I am Bipolar and he worked with me to get the right medicine and right milligrams. . . I can't thank this doctor enough for helping me so fast and is such a pleasant doctor. Shayla

|  This Dr. really listens.  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

Dr Hippeard actually takes time to listen to his patents and give answers to questions that other Dr's seem to not care about.

|  A thorough family physician  |  show details
by Elizabeth Bohr on Jan 11th, 2010

Likable, prompt, friendly, and has a medical troubleshooting method that makes a person feel like he won't over treat simply in order to have a super quick diagnosis. He takes his time to get it right, and for someone who is not interested in over-medicating, that's a relief to find in a physician.