Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  My Choice  |  show details
by Jan on Dec 21st, 2013

When you find yourself in a situation where you may require treatment for chronic or worsening pain for the rest of your life, your choice of a pain management physician is extremely important. Dr. Hompland has always been supportive, and aware and willing to discuss or try new options, without just "handing out more pills". He is very knowledgeable about new medications or treatment modalities and the possible results or side effects. He carefully monitors your dosages to be sure you are getting the most relief possible without too much medication. Dr. Hompland listens to your pain/medication/life updates at each visit as if it was your first. An admirable quality, after 12 years in my case!

|  show details
by Keith on May 22nd, 2013

Dr Hompland is the best doctor I have ever been to. He will talk to you for hours to be sure he is helping you with the right treatment path. He is careing and you can tell he wants to help you get better. He is not another doctor that just gets a patients money moves them thru and collects the money. He cares about people and what is going on with them. I can say without finding him my life would be very difficult. His treatment has saved me .

|  IME Work comp dispute  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

I saw Dr. Hompland at his englewood office for an IME work comp dispute. Dr. Hompland Insulted me and belittled me. He questioned my determination to get better and wondered if I was really injured. He took a substantial portion of my work comp rating away after he stated that the doctors that treated me knew me best. While I was in his office he talked down to me and made fun of me with insults such as only little girls get compensated for scars but let me take a look. He never did rate me for them. Dr. Hompland charged me for an extra hour to review my files yet seemed to be very unclear of what was going on and what to look for. He ended up saying that a very large portion of my injury should not be included in my case. He also said that my injury was healing well and he could not find any problems with it yet a recent MRI has shown otherwise. Do yourself a favor and avoid this doctor if possible. There are many other doctors that care for the patient and not insurance companies.

|  THE BEST DR. I'VE EVER HAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
by OLIVIA GONZALES on Sep 3rd, 2008

I THANK GOD I FOUND DR. HOMPLAND HE HAS THE BEST BEDSIDE MANNERS AND HE TRULEY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. HE HAS BEEN MY DR. SINCE 1991 AND I WOULD NEVER GIVE HIM UP. HE HAS HELPED ME SO MUCH WITH MY PAIN, HE TREATS THE WHOLE PERSON NOT JUST THE AREA OF THE PAIN. HE ALSO LISTENS TO WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE, THAT MAY BE ADDING TO YOUR PAIN. THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT DR. AND HELPING ME GET BETTER CONTROL OF MY PAIN SO I COULD GET BACK TO WORK.