Dr. Scott Irvine Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Scott Irvine?

June 16th, 2017

Horrible doctor

Most unprofessional, rude, heartless doctor I've ever met. All he cares about is money.

February 15th, 2016

Arrogant and does not listen

He came into the room and started having tests and various lab ordered. When asked what they were for I was told and my husband who was with me thst until we got our attitude checked he refused to see me. We were asking questions... Period. In what he was having ordered and for what reason. We left the emergency room and went to St Vincent's ER where we were treated like individuals that have the medical right to ask questions about what the doctor was ordering... That is exray, MRI, etc. I would never let this doctor see me or anyone in my family.

November 14th, 2013

Dr. Irvine makes you feel very comfortable. He saw the pain I was in from day 1 and I can honestly say i don't dread this appointment. He relaxes you and talks to you through the whole procedure which takes your mind off of it. I will only let him help me with my pain management.

September 27th, 2013

Patient

Dr irvine was so careing other doctors said there was nothing really wrong and dr irvine got me in for an MRI found out the exact problem and had treated my pain to where I was comfortable he cares and I never would let any other dr do back injections however I was so comfortable with dr irvine which he also explaind what was wrong in grat detail .now it has been 2 days and for the first time in 12 years the pain is not as bad with minimal pain medicine and the injections I am living a normal life with out the pain .He is an AWSOME dr a d he knows what he is doing and I am soooo greatful he has truley made me feel normal again. Thank you sooo much dr irvine ken and I are forever greatful!!!

May 9th, 2013

7 years and Dr. Irvine has never abandoned me

Dr, Irvine has guided me through two hip replacements, spinal fusion and now my shoulder replacement and he has never let me down. I have degenerative joint disease and once again Dr. Irvine is still the man I trust with serious medical conditions. I know with the expansion of his business may have a certain amount of flux but you must understand we have thousands of our men and women who have been seriously injured defending our country and he is only one person but I will never have the opinion that the Doc treats one injured person any different than another. He is a good man and a healer who cares and won't throw pills at you, he finds the problem and directs you to what needs to happen next. This is a man who has talked with me about many life issues including the sudden death of my brother and he gave me his cell number and prayed with his family for our loss. Now come on who will bother with a patient and treat you as if you're one of his family.

June 12th, 2012

Patient of his for 3 years

He is an excellent doctor. I trust no one more than him with my spine. He's very knowledgeable and explains things well. HOWEVER, twice he accused me (falsely) about taking my meds wrong and even once accused and lectured me and yelled for 45 minutes straight! The whole time, I was bawling my eyes out in disbelief, frustration, humiliation and anger. I had just had major surgery and was given a ton of meds there in the hospital. I had JUST gotten out that morning. Well, his lab did a urinalysis which of course showed all the meds I was on in the hospital (he knew about the surgery prior to me having it). When I had my follow-up he accused me of getting meds on the street! He took it upon himself to call ALL of my doctors prior to my follow-up and told them ALL I was a drug addict and asked if any of them gave me the narcotics (HIPAA violation much?). I brought a copy of my discharge orders stating all I had been given from the surgery/hospital stay, but the damage was done. I refuse to be treated like that by a doctor just because he can. The worst part? He wrapped up all his criticism and bald-faced lies in feigned "concern" over my health.

May 29th, 2012

I DO NOT reccomend this Dr.

Rude. Has no consern for the patients needs, does not believe patients... if you are in pain and thinking hw will give you medication...dont even bother making an apointment...from what i hear he only cares to help active duty soldiers.

Doctor's Response

Everything does not begin and end with medicine. It is not the be all, end all. Yes, it is true I proudly care for active duty soldiers....

April 12th, 2012

He spotted the problem within minutes vs months with other drs!

I must say I read the reviews on Dr. Irvine and I told my husband I was dreading the appointment because I thought I was going to walk in there and he wasn't going to help me with the pain I have been in for the past 6 months. I am a Army wife and I have seen several providers on post for what I thought was Sciatica (that is what the Army Dr's told me) When I was explaining what was going on to Dr. Irvine he said he didn't think it was sciatica! I thought okay he is nuts but it was Piriformis Syndrome. There are a lot of Dr's that mistake it for sciatica. I had a normal MRI, so I thought omg I know I am not crazy something is wrong! My right buttock down to the back of my knee had been numb for more then 6 months. The Army Dr's had me on 5 different meds and 2 of them heavy muscle relaxers. Well I did my first injections today with Dr. Irvine and I walked out of his office pain free for the first time in over 6 months. I will tell you he is not the Dr to go to and ask for pain meds. He wants to treat the cause not put a bandaid on it(which is what any good Dr. would do). I am not saying the ones with bad reviews went in asking for pain meds but if you had that type of attitude he probably did blow you off. I had enough with the pain meds and wanted a solution and he gave me one. I would recommend him to anyone, and actually went and chewed the Army's Dr's butt for not knowing what they were doing, and allowing me to be in pain for 6 months because of their mistake. I think he is a great Dr, but if your looking for pain med hand out then find a crappy Dr. because he is not going to hand them to you! Thank you so much Dr. Irvine for allowing me to be pain free!

August 2nd, 2011

Dr pick and choose

This Doctor came into the room took a look at me and started to tell me why he wouldn't treat me even though i had brought all my scan reports. My husband came in to the same doctor a month later with a little back pain and he wrote him meds and my husbands medical history isn't as extensive as mine. This Doctor only wants to treat active duty soldiers and doesn't want anything to do with family members

Doctor's Response

Extenuating circumstances exist in all patient care. I apologize if you felt slighted. I try and review each case on its objective merits. Meaning...what does the objective data( X-ray, surgical notes, MRI, lab work, etc...) show us. Is there something to be concerned about beyond the level of pain described? I look at every case closely. I sincerely hope you have found the care you need. Again I apologize for any perception of lack of interest in your care. I can assure that is not the case.

SHOW

June 17th, 2011

waste of time

waited forever for this doctor only to find out he was in temple for the day.....rescheduled by very unconcerned staff who were worried more about there personal business rather than the waiting patients. What a joke. Im now seeing another local doctor who has helped me a lot. almost completely pain free after just a few visits. I would still be waiting to see irvine if my primary care doctor didn't send me to another pain doctor...the other patient in the clinic were also very unhappy with his care

Doctor's Response

Wires can get crossed in every aspect of our daily lives. Sorry for your inconvenience. I will get with my staff to assure a more attentive approach to miscommunication. I am happy for you that you found quality care.

SHOW

March 31st, 2011

I have been a patient

of Dr Irvine for over 3 years. He is a very caring personable physician. I would recommend him to anyone I cared for. Outstanding knowledge and does not 'talk" down to you as a patient. Very understanding and honestly cares about his patients.BKE

January 23rd, 2011

Don't waste your time with this guy. trust me there are better options in Killeen.