Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Look elsewhere show details Look elsewhere
Mar 27th, 2015

Saw him a while ago and was not at all impressed. Better doctors out there (somewhere I hope) but probably won't find them in PA.

A doctor takes an ethical oath to treat all of his patients fare regardless of insurance and remember if you feel your care was unethical there is the board of ehics u can write show details A doctor takes an ethical oath to treat all of his patients fare regardless of insurance and remember if you feel your care was unethical there is the board of ehics u can write
Mar 19th, 2015

I realy never write reviews or waste my time on it but I feel if I can help one person then it served a purpose . This review is for hardworking people that get hurt and need good care to be able to continue working to keep a roof over thee heads and there familys WE get Dr. Epsteins because so many people just abuse the system and go to pain managements when there not in pain to get your script to sell or to miss use painpills SOl for the patients that are trully hurt these kind of Dr.s have to guess who is real who is not And what we end up with is Drs like Epstein. So my story goes I moved to pa and was getting treated for cronic pain I had a neck surgery in 2008 and still had cronic pain from the injury I was working and seeing Dr Epstein for 3 years I noticed from my first visit that he realy didn't care he spent a whole 2 minutes I did my urine test and left but at that time I was managing work and dealing with my cronic pain didn't need much more they always said we wish all the patients were like u I never asked for a day off never complained to get my pain pills increased nor failed a urine test. So one day I woke up three years later I was in unbearable pain the back of my neck was swollen and so hot I couldn't evan sit up to hold my head up was very painfull and it went down my arm I went to see him and he seen it and gave me a steriod shot it helped right then I asked for a week of telling him I can't lift patients right now this was first time in three years ever asking for a day off he shook his head like I was asking fo something any other Dr wouldn't do for aneck injury So I had to speak up for my self and say I never asked u ever for a day off u said u seen jow hot and swollen my neck is of course I can't lift people like this I can't evan sit up in a chair ! So he dipd give me it off well the shot lasted one day I was in horrible pain I had a prvious neck surgery and I knew what neuro impingement felt like and this was on a nerve and from my previous surgery I was told then I would need another in a couple years. So my neck didn't get better and I was in so much pain I new I couldn't go back to work like this I was one income no husband boyfriend nor family was going to help keep a roof over my head but I new I couldn't go care for others the shape I was in This is a workerscomp case that was over 10 years old that I never settled and worked. SO I told my job I don't no what's wrong but I can't do it right now to further notice remember I was one income I was in that much pain I took the chance of homelessness because I couldn't do it. I didn't ask Dr EPstein anymore to take me out because I didn't want him to think I was just trying to get out of work and if I did ask and he agreed I could of got paid to be off instead of no income but I needed him to treat me so I could get better with out any judgement of me so I never asked. Well I called said I'm in horrible pain and I think a nerve is impinged he did order a mri from wayne memorial and when I went to see him for the resukts he wipped the door open and said very loud while openning the door YOUR GOOD YOUR FINE the mri showed nothing I couldn't belive it what was I going to do I moved here to take care of my father while going through my neck my father was dying I had no income no family and no support. It took me all I had to just sit up in a chair. So I took it upon my self because I new something was wrong and I went to see my neurosurgeon and he just did a basic x-ray and just by that u could see that it collapsed and there was no space between the 2 vertabraes my surgeon said the swelling and heat was because the disk ruptured and that cause a lot of swelling and imflamation we talked about surgery. I went back to Dr epstein and told him what my surgeon said I asked for another steriod shot said nope go ask your surgeon I couldn't groove he said that I asked for no pain pills just a shot I excused dr epstein because it wasn't his fault that the mri didn't show it my surgeon said y that may of happen because it probally looked like on film a sold fussed vertabe not know that that area was not fussed and it was right under my first fussion. I called my workers comp attorney and I got switced to another dr for unethical care. Because of dr epstein he sure gave workers comp what they wanted to deny my surgery well it took over a year to get my surgery my father had to die not knowing that I was ok I had no income for that year DR Epstein caused so much damage to that year of my life that didn't have to happen if he listened and care about his patients and belive that a patient knows there body better then him I recently seen my medical regards of what he wrote about me during that time he wrote that I was a demanding patient so those rehards follow me the rest of my life I don't no how a dr could write I asked for a antiflamatory shot not pain pills I new my body. And something was very wrong and I needed help and there was something realy wrong I write this story because for the people or the single mom who gets hurt at work lifting someone or the construction worker that needs to get fixed to keep food on the table to get back to work he is not the Dr that is going to go the extra mile for you he gets aggrivated easly and if by chance u have to use workers comp insurance he will always do what the insurance compant wants him to do so they send more patients to him because he won't go the extra mile I belive because he is the only pain management dr in town he knows he can treat people not nice because basically u don't have many choices here on like other states and also I can't belive this man also is a disability dr he could realy ruin peoples lifes with his personality towards others in need so go the extra mile find a different dr evan if u have to drive further I drove to another state to get good care. And write the board of ethics if you feel a Dr is giving you unethical care don't let him treat u that way and get away with it because there is the next person that maybe forced to go to him because of insurance ect like I was and y I had to keep going back to him evan though he treated me like that is because I had workers comp from a different state and in that state u never can pick your dr they pick for u. I finally got out of his care because my attorney got mr switched to another for unethical care.

awsome dr. show details awsome dr.
by sharon Christian on Apr 24th, 2014

DR. Epstein is so caring, he listens doesn't judge. Understanding . I have been going to him. For 13 yrs. Would recommend him to anyone.He does everything to help you.

Bad Doctor licence should be revoked HE IS A BUM show details Bad Doctor licence should be revoked HE IS A BUM
by Frank on Apr 17th, 2014

This Doctor Scott Epstien Is what I call a BUM, He is a liar and will not give you a straight answer he is a disgrace to the medical field . he Please listen to me and avoid this dr like the plauge, He ruined my disability case and didnt even have the guts to tell me, I found out through my Lawyers report... HE IS A BUM

beware show details beware
by rhonda kellner on May 3rd, 2013

i found dr. epstein to have a god complex. it is very hard to talk to him and if you disagree he gets upset. he spends as little time with his patients as possible and as far as i am concerned should not be treating patients in pain. he is rude and no no bedside manner. i am sorry i ever stepped foot in his office.

Dr. visit show details Dr. visit
Apr 10th, 2013

I had a follow up appt with this doctor and again the office was spotless...the staff was very friendly and helpful...doctor can in to check me and was friendly but still a bit of bad bedside manner...I had to wait for a script and every few minutes the staff would tell me it would not be to long of a wait and it was not long at all. All in All I had a very positive visit with Doctor and his staff.

review show details review
Mar 26th, 2013

I had a good office visit with Dr. Epstein...first off the office was spotless, the girls in the office were happy friendly and very kind...I had no wait time at all and Dr. did a total exam of my problem..yes his bedside manner is a little rough but I have dealt with worse..trust me..all in all my visit was very good.

worse doctor ever show details worse doctor ever
by weisty j on Feb 19th, 2013

I had gone to this doctor for pain management for my lupus he had currently had me on vicodine as needed for pain I go to pick my prescription up to be told I am being discharged now I thought as needed was only when you needed it so how can they check a level if you don't take it all the time. his bed side manner sucks and all he cares about is getting paid he don't give a crap about his patients.

worst dr ever show details worst dr ever
Feb 6th, 2013

Do not waste your time with this dr. He is the worst Dr I've ever seen. All he wants to do is get you out of the office as fast as possible. Does not listen to you as the patient. Continues to write scripts, that are unnecessary, even when you ask to be taken off the med, he will increase the dosage. The only reason I gave 1 star is because you have to in order to fill out this review. Id give 0 (zero) stars for the whole thing. Save yourself some stress and aggravation, by finding someone else. His bedside manner is horrible!

Don't Waste Your Time or Money show details Don't Waste Your Time or Money
Nov 22nd, 2011

Dr Scott K Epstein shouldn't even have a medical license. In my opinion he should be rated no stars. I was in sever pain when I went ro him for neuropathy in my feet and hands. First visit he did nothing for me. Just wrote down some notes. Second visit a month later I was in more pain and again he took down some notes and did NOTHING. Didn't even make an appointment for me to come back. Did not prescribe any medication for me at all. Well that's ok 'cause I DON'T want to go back. I found a better doctor to go to. Epstein had no compassion or sympathy for me and my pain. I'm lucky if I saw him 5 mins for each visit. And I'm lucky if he had 5 words to say to me about my condition....STAY AWAY FROM THIS ALLEGED DOCTOR!!

no compassion show details no compassion
by naploeonic syndrome on Mar 11th, 2010

ive never met such a person who is as cold and calcutitive as he. my friends and medical associates also agree that he woundnot take good care of his own mother

very poorly diagonosed show details very poorly diagonosed
Oct 21st, 2009

dr epstein diagonosed me very poorly using a bunch of stupid little strength tests to say i was not seriously injured and my injury was now ten times worse then when i seen him last he rather get a big paycheck then treat the patient the way they need too doesnt even deserve a one star