Dr. Scott Karr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2017
2 surgeries with no relief
I have been treated by Dr Karr for the past 2 years. I had a previous fracture and hardware removal prior to becoming his patient. I have continued pain in my ankle. He performed a full ankle fusion. After 6 months of recovery without relief he did a scar removal surgery. Considering this has been a continuous issue he never recommended additional tests to get to the bottom of my issues. He relied solely on x-rays. My most recent appointment was a disappointment. After discovering I was receiving an additional opinion his bedside manner was terrible. He then advised me that everything was fine and to receive steroid shots for arthritis and a total ankle replacement if that doesn't help. I am not even 30 years old. I would not recommend him for complex ankle issues. I am now seeing a specialist out of town who was able to determine that alignment is affecting my pain, walking gait, and stiffness. I would advise anyone to always get second opinion before taking the doctors advice as the only option.

September 9th, 2013
Ankle
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Karr. He took his time explaining my options, different procedures, as well with the recovery involved with each option. He is a very good surgeon, takes his time with his patients, and is extremely respected in his area of work. I had a modified brostrum procedure as well as several other procedures and could not have chosen a more experienced, professional surgeon. I stand on my feet all day in my line of work, I am almost 6 months post opp and almost completely pain free, which is a major accomplishment considering it was not guaranteed. The extent of damage done to my ankle over several years was substantial and major reconstructive surgery was required to stabilize it and prevent future damage. He repaired tendons, ligiments, remove bone, removed part of my synovial membrane, repaired the cartilage in my joint, and more. Again, I could not be happier with my choice and would highly recommend him to anyone in need.

June 25th, 2012
Really sincere. Spent a lot of time assessing situation as well as educating me on problem and solutions.

February 15th, 2011
Dr. Karr is extremely careful and professional. His assessment and recommendations are well thought out and he makes sure that you - the patient - understand his approach, rationale and implications.

May 11th, 2017