Dr. Scott Kay MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 13 reviews

November 4th, 2014
Outstanding physician with excellent clinical and diagnostic skills.

September 9th, 2014
Best ENT doctor
Dr Kay is an extremely competent ENT doctor. I am confident in his expertise to diagnose and treat. I have been a patient for many years and have always found Dr Kay is able to put his patients at ease as well maintain professionalism.

July 7th, 2014
I waited over 1 hour the 2 times I have gone to his office. When I got into the office he gave me a quick exam, no apology for the wait and then proceeded to type on his computer. No bedside manner, very arrogant, and annoyed when you ask a question about your condition. He never solved my problem. Do yourself a favor and go to another doctor. He is more interested in getting as many patients in his office as he can then helping his patients. He should not be a doctor.

May 5th, 2014
Unprofessional
The doctor and the staff treat patients with disrespect. You will be waiting for hours in the waiting room, the nurses are rude over the phone and they will force you to come to the office for five minutes just to hear test results so they can bill your insurance. I saw many old people waiting in the room that had hard time to sit still and I felt sorry for them. How cruel is this place. There are doctors who care, this place is all about billing insurance.

June 6th, 2013
Be prepared to wait for hours!
Just the worst. If you have a lot of hours to spend in a waiting room, this is your guy. Never less than an hour and a half wait time, and then, like the other reviewers mentioned, no apology or even the simple courtesy to recognize that you were kept waiting so long. Brought me back in several times for no reason. Even after you're there, they can't tell you how much longer you'll be waiting. Even cheap restaurants can tell you how long the wait will be! These guys are less professional than a Fridays...

May 22nd, 2013
Last on my ENT list!
First, Dr. Kay's wait time is ridiculous. I waited an hour and a half or more at each visit.The nurse told me that he overbooks and sees about 28 patients a day. Dr. Kay could not figure out what was wrong with my ear. After a number of tests, MRI, etc. he still could not offer a diagnosis. When I offered my own thoughts, since it is my body and I do know what I'm experiencing, he refused to listen and smirked at me. He does spend the whole time looking at his computer and does not even review your test results before he meets with you.If you ask him questions, he gets all pompous and arrogant. He also throws out scary terms like, "It could be a brain tumor or MS, like he's saying it could be the cold or flu." No sensitivity or common sense there.Scares you to death.The worst thing is he doesn't explain anything clearly, ever.He's just so short and rude. I took my sweet husband with me the last time I went and after we left the office, he turned to me and and said, "I can't believe you didn't jump off the table and let him have it!" He was livid. No way do I trust Dr. Kay or his judgement. I won't go back.

May 16th, 2013
Poor experience with this ENT
I had the same experience as most of these other reviews. Extremely long wait times. I sat there for almost 2 hours once, with no explanation or apology. Spends most of the session turned away typing on his computer. Doesn't feel like he's listening, and his notes from prior appointments seemed inaccurate. I would never go back to this practice.

April 13th, 2013
Rude & uncaring.
Dr. Kay was recommended to me by my pcp. Every time I go to his office there is a wait of at least an hour and a half. When Dr. Kay finally enters the examining room, he does not apologize. He starts talking, gives very poor explanations, then types. I find his behavior rude and uncaring. His assistants are always apologizing and defending him. I would like to find someone else to go to. Hanging in his office are "Best Doctor" awards. His peers obviously don't know how he treats his patients.

February 17th, 2012
Two terrible experiences with Dr Kay.Does not like to answer patient questions.Immediately after examination he turns his back to the patient to write his report. Gets very defensive when asked to tell patient what his diagnosis is. As he was writing a prescription for me and I was trying to get him to explain what his exam had shown, what the prescription was for, He said, "do you want this prescription or not". Worst bedside manner I've ever experienced.Wait times 1hr 45minutes and 45minutes.I'm embarrassed that I went back for second appointment.

January 6th, 2012
Will not recommend
Condescending, uncaring approach. Quite an unpleasant experience. His staff however, were very courteous.

May 16th, 2011
Looking for a New ENT
I've been going to Dr. Kay for a few years for a couple different conditions and I've decided to change doctors. Besides severely overscheduling and poor bedside manner (he loves typing notes into the computer throughout the appointment) I don't really get the impression that he knows what he's talking about. He misdiagnosed my first condition (he thought it was something worse than it was, which is better than the other way around) and he is clueless about my current condition. Perhaps I'm a medical anomaly but there must certainly be better choices in the area.

May 4th, 2010
There must be a better otolaryngologist in the area
first appointment: 3 hour wait, 30 minute consultation mostly with his staff, $750 bill -does this add up?Terrible bedside manner- examined me and immediately started writing his report. Dr Kay only talked to me to tell me the prescription he was giving me. He did the same on the second visit went I asked questions he said "Do you want me to send this (the Rx)in?"implying "or not" I doubt I will go back. It's a very unpleasant experience.