Sports Medicine Specialist

1400 Jefferson Rd
Northfield, MN 55057
507-663-9000
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  We are an amazing team!  |  show details
by Kathryn Clements, on Aug 18th, 2013

My directive to Dr Koehler is that his job is to diagnose, prescribe and guide the management of medical needs related to my aging bones and body. I am committed to preventing the disabling effects related to that Itis brother, Arthur. --Get it!!! Arthritis. Dr. Koehler smiles when I tell him his job is to keep me pushing the wheel chair, not riding in it and help me maintain my body strength, flexibility, balance and endurance until about three days before I am buried. --hopefully 100. A rehab dietitian, I understand the importance of writing a list of symptoms, communicating important details about my conditions, asking for options, clarity and recommendations. When we have decided on the best treatment plan, my job is to follow through on his recommendations and not stop going or blame the doctor because I didn't get better. The same is true of physical therapy or taking medications as prescribed. I've never felt rushed, not listened too or that I didn't understand; he used models and explained my condition showing me where Arthur leaves his mark of inflamation on my joints. (itis=inflamation) Doctors are not God. But Dr. Koehler comes close.

|  Dr. Scott M. Koehler  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

I have known Dr. Koehler since 2003 in Northfield, MN. He is the most compassionate and knowledgeable Dr at Allina Clinic, in my opinion. He is very professional, and can explain in detail exactly what it is you want or need to know about your injury. Dr. Koehler is dedicated in his area of expertise and he clarifies to make sure that his patients understand what he is doing and why. He is very thorough in his work and strives to make sure he understands completely what he is dealing with before he makes a recommendation for a particular problem. Dr. Koehler is always very kind and compassionate and listens intensely and completely to what his patients needs are at the time. He meets his patients at their level and does not have "airs" about him that he is above the patient as some other Dr might. I have recommended him many times to friends and family members. He is difficult to get in to see as he is so busy, but well worth the wait to see him. I definitely would follow him if he were to move out of Northfield and go to another clinic, even if it were in another state, I would follow him because he is that good. If I could help one person to go to this Dr.and get some relief from pain and find a down to earth Dr. who listens with compassion it would be wonderful, he is worth his weight in gold and brings a smile in the office with him and helps his patients to feel secure that they have truly gotten taken care of in the best way possible. So do yourself a favor and make an appointment with this Dr. you will not regret it and you will feel as though you are really being listened to and that he CARES about your well-being.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

Dr. koehler was very knowledgable about my back problems. Very concerned with my overall options. Worked with me not against me as some Dr. do. Has made sure all my options are open and available to me. Great bedside manner.

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

This Dr lies and treats people real nice to their face then stabbs you in the back! I would recomend Dr Willie.