Dr. Scott Kozak MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

April 2nd, 2013
Want a real old fashioned doc?
Dr Kozak has been my physician for several years. He is knowledgeable, invested in patient care, available and compassionate. Were it not for his monitoring my wellness checks, I would have terminal cancer. It's also reassuring to have a doc who knows my name and remembers me!

March 16th, 2013
Lucky to have someone like Dr. Kozak in our community.
I have been a patient of Dr. Kozak since 2008. I left my previous Doctor because I always felt rushed during visits. Dr. Kozak is the total opposite, he takes the time to listen, and even follows up personally by phone when necessary. His staff is very personable and efficient. When I go to his office, I know I will see Dr Kozak, not a nurse who'se never met me and only glanced at my file before opening the door. I am glad to have someone like Dr. Kozak in our community.

March 4th, 2013
Disappointed
I needed to have shoulder surgery done by one of the Dr.'s in Santa Barbara Select IPA (Dr. Kozak's group) and needed to select a new primary care physician within that group so I could be referred to the orthopedic specialist. I wish I had done my research a bit more before I selected Dr. Kozak. While he was very easy to get in and see and his staff was great, Dr. Kozak was very disappointing. He laughed off and scoffed at another Dr's diagnosis (that of an Ophthalmologist and Retina Specialist; Dr. Kozak practices family medicine) when I raised concerns about a reaction to medication, he seemed very disinterested in what was going on with me, seemed very unsure of his diagnosis and what medications he prescribed and to top it off, when respectfully questioned he flipped out and became very insulting and verbally abusive! Maybe he was having a bad couple of weeks or something but I expected much more from a Dr. His behavior was very childish and quite disturbing actually. I would definitely NOT recommend Dr. Kozak.

June 10th, 2012
Highly recommend Dr.
Great family Dr., extremely caring, and follows up, with you on either an appt., or a phone call. Great staff, and I would highly recommend him to any of my friends.

June 1st, 2012
Sally
Dr. Kozak and his staff are by far the best in town! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a new doctor or if you are new in town. He treats you like you are the only patient and he always finds ways to help you out, if not he will refer you to a specialist.

September 28th, 2011
BEST IN TOWN
I would highly recommend Dr. Kozak to anyone! Friendliest staff, cleanest office, and extremely knowledgeable Doctor. He specializes in pretty much anything and everything! I always feel incredibly comfortable the minute I walk into his office. He is thorough and always follows up with any issue that he saw you for. My experience at his office is always very personable - just the way it should be when going to see your Doctor!

July 14th, 2011
Cori
This is by far the best Doctor in town! When I first moved to Santa Barbara I had a hard time finding a Doctor that I felt comfortable with. A friend recommended Dr. Kozak and it was the best decision I have ever made! Over the past 3 years I have been to Dr. Kozak various times, and he knows what he is doing. His 2 assistants are amazing, and they always squeeze me in. The wait time is never more than 5 minutes, and I am always greeted by a friendly face. No matter what your health issue is, Dr. Kozak will find a solution. And if he cannot diagnose you immediately, then he will take the time to research to figure out the best way to treat you. He has also referred me to other specialists, such as eye doctor and chiropractor. Many times going to the Doctor is a terrible and dreadful experience, but going to his office, I feel comfort, care, and overall a personalized experience. I would recommend Dr. Kozak to anybody!

February 25th, 2011
Great Doctor
I want to thank Dr. Scott Kozak and his staff for the excellent care I had when treated for a very painful and infected cyst on the back of my neck. This was an extremely bad infection that had spread through my neck and produced intense pain down my arm. Dr Kozak was kind enough to see me immediately and cultured the infection to find the correct antibody for this unusual bacterium.Additionally, he did an exacting procedure by surgically inserting a drain. He monitored and changed my dressings for the next eight days. I could not ask for a more talented, caring and concerned physician.

December 22nd, 2010
Terrible doctor he very unhelpful with everything if you want to see a specialist go to a different DR he wont give you a referral. Extremely condescending and rude. God help you if you have a medical condition this guy wont help you. This Dr has the audacity to pat you on the back and tell you to hang in there. Please don't touch your patients unless it is medically necessary.

October 13th, 2009
Highly Recommended!
Dr Kozak is a friendly, very knowledgeable doctor. I've been seeing him for a couple years now. His staff is also very supportive. The office accepts insurance and his office works hard to help their patients. I would recommend him to anyone.

February 3rd, 2009
I found Dr Kozak to be extremely professional, concerned about his patients and respectful at all times. I came to him with a very serious physical complaint and he put a lot of energy into finding out what was causing my symptoms and clarified what I needed to do. He explained to me exactly what tests were necessary and helped me through a difficult time in my life. He answered my questions and calmed my fears. He is obviously extremely knowledgeable and concerned about getting people as healthy as possible. I was so happy with my care that I brought him and his staff some homemade baked cookies just to say "thank you".

May 26th, 2017