Dr. Scott Miller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

May 31st, 2015
On-Call Physician
As the on-call physician for my Virtua Practice, Dr. Miller was extremely rude to me. Rather than address my medical issue, he spent considerable time lecturing me about the inappropriateness of my call. In fact, he reiterated this four times before asking about medical issue at all. He was extremely brusque, interrupted me several times, and made me feel guilty for having a medical issue on his precious weekend time. Because of this incident, I am looking into switching PCPs, even though Dr. Miller is not who I normally see at the practice. I feel that his attitude speaks volumes about how patients are valued there.

November 27th, 2012
Good physician. Very thorough.

November 29th, 2011
Take some pills and come back in two weeks
I use to see Dr. Miller almost every visit. After repeatedly hearing the same prognosis, come back in two weeks if it is still painful, I decided to start telling him what the next steps would be in my care. He seems very nice but is not very aggressive in getting you the necessary treatment needed.

October 14th, 2009
Excellent and Thorough Doctor
I am and have been a patient of Dr. Miller's for over 10 years. He is thorough, concerned, and follows up with you about various health issues such as checking cholesterol on a regular basis and be sure you have regular physicals including regular blood tests that may show something that no doctor can see by physically looking at you. Dr. Miller has issued MRI's, x-rays, CT scans, and ultra sounds for me for isuues I have had in the past to thoroughly check all avenues and any possible health concerns. However doctors are limited to what tests can be run because of insurance companies have pre-authorize tests. I have had tests denied which is not any doctor's fault. The practice has convenient night and weekend hours. Most of the time, I do not have to wait more than 5 minutes however people need to keep in mind that there are those occasional emergencies or a patient that may take longer than expected and that happens at every doctors office. I highly recommend Dr. Miller.

May 5th, 2009
This doctor is brusque and uncaring and not very knowledgeable. I went to him with severe knee pain and never did get a proper diagnosis. He ordered an MRI after acknowledging that it was incomplete, prescribed treatment that he admitted would not solve the problem I was having with painful cracking at the back of myknee. I foolishly followed his advice, made the appointment for shots of Orthovisc, which he never bothered to administer himself. When the series of shots had been completed and my knee was swollen and less comfortable than it had been before I walked into his office, he was not available to see me even then. Staff is unhelpful. Doctor is unhelpful. Don't waste your time. Go somewhere else!

June 5th, 2008
Not A Doctor Worth Seeing
Dr. Miller is curt, uncaring and so busy he doesn't take more then 2-3 minutes to see you after you have waited for at least an hour in the waiting room and then another 20 minutes in the exam room. I had a huge, noticible lipoma on my back but neiother him or his partner Dr. Pettigrew even referred me to a surgeon to have this painful growth removed. I told them I was in excruciating pain and they told me to take motrin. Yeah, like that was going to help. I could have saved my money and taken motrin on my own. Finally, my OB GYN got me a great surgeon in Phiadelphia, my surgery is tomorrow and she has given me morphine in the pill form until after the surgery is completed. I have a rare disorder called Dercums Disease and Dr. Miller nor Dr. Pettigrew knew what it was or how to treat it. They are good for colds, flus, chek ups and that is about it. Not the doctors to go to if you are seriously ill. What if I had had cancer? I'd probably be dead by now since I have been complaining about this mass on my back for 6 months now.