Surgeons, Dentist

1515 S Nova Rd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
386-947-9318
Locations and availability (37)

2.0

|  Patient  |  show details
by Wendi Minner on Feb 24th, 2014

Dr. Lawson is highly skilled, professional, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He takes the time necessary to explain issues with accurate diagnosis, precise treatment & adequate follow-up. His medical assistant is equally wonderful. The office staff is NOT! Atleast the one in the Greenburg office. She has refused to file my claim. I have full medical/dental coverage and was still forced to pay up front eventhough I have coverage. I only agreed to do so, if she would agree to file my claim so I could get reimbursed by my insurance Co. She stated: "as a courtesy" she would. As a courtesy? Really? Anyway, My procedure was done 12/18/2013 and to date, 02/24/2014; She still has not done so. Despite many calls & confrontation at my last follow-up visit a phone call from my insurance provider. I guess she feels no sense of urgency because they have my payment. I should have stopped payment on my credit card...I'll bet she would have filed quickly then. Moral of the story: Don't pay up front. Insist they file with your insurance first! The ONLY reason I would not visit this Dr. again is because of his front office staff...and that would be ashame because he's GREAT!

|  show details
Jul 5th, 2013

On July 2nd, I had an emergency visit with my dentist over an infected molar that needed extraction. He referred me to Dr.Lawson, who was able to see me the very next morning(July 3rd). Although the office was extremely busy the day before a holiday as one would expect, and there were many many patients, I still felt the staff was polite and my wait time wasn't too bad. The assistant who escorted me to the area where the procedure would take place was informative and professional in performing x-rays, and gathering some basic intake information. Now comes Dr. Lawson; he was passing through the room where I was, and he stopped and looked at me smiling and said "I'll be with YOU, in just a moment." For a person who was as nervous as I was, I found his slight humor in the way he said it, to be charming and I liked him instantly for it. When he did come back very soon afterwards, he took the time to review my file with me even though his assistant had already gone over a lot of it already. He answered my questions, and comforted me when I shared my tremendous nervousness. Since I was awake the entire procedure and required only a "local", he told me exactly what he was doing every step of the way. For the most painful parts of the extraction, he prepared me for what was about to happen. He was informative, professional, and I found his bedside manner comforting. As for the fee I paid, it was the exact same amount as a dentist would have charged me...considerably less than what I would expect a surgeon to have charged for his services. And I would know. Years back I went to an oral surgeon for my wisdom teeth to be removed, and paid much, much more. The fact that this office collects its fees before the procedure rather than after, makes perfect sense to me. When it was over, all I had to do was leave...no waiting around when all I wanted to do was get home to recover. I can't comment on follow up, since so far I haven't required any. But as a final remark, all I can say, is that if you are looking for someone straight forward (and I think charming, too) for oral surgery, I would recommend Dr. Lawson.

|  Bad Dentistry Reviews  |  show details
May 18th, 2013

After being referred to this oral surgeon for an extraction I decided to look him up on the internet - I thank God, my Heavenly Father for these reviews. I won't get any where near him. I do have an appointment scheduled which I will be cancelling immediately. With these kinds of reviews, this person has 41 locations???? Why is he allowed to practice?? Why isn't he reported to the Dental Association.

|  show details
May 8th, 2013

My daughter visited Dr. Lawson. He said that the tooth can not be saved and offered to remove it. For 5 days my daughter is drinking antibiotics. She formed a flux, a tumor on his cheek, oChto will happen next, we do not know yet. . For the removal of the tooth under the insurance my daughter paid 300 dollarov.No the worst thing that such doctors have jobs and people go to them. Such doctors should deny the license!

|  This guy is scary! Do your research...  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

I dislike writing negative comments about a Dr but he frightens me and don't want others to experience it. I also had a bad experience with a tooth extraction that had remaining roots left. He also rushed me when I returned for a follow up. Money did seem to be the most important concern. I did end up going to another surgeon to fix the remaining problems. After doing some research after the fact, I see that he is known for this type of service. He seemed nice initially but that changed

|  Worst Doctor on on the planet  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr.Lawson caused me perment damage when I had my four wisdom teeth extracted. I now have no feeling in my bottom jaw and lip. He severed a nerve that was no where close to the teeth he was extracting.I went in for a consulation and all he did was look at the extra, not my mouth. He did not go over any side effects with me what so ever.I felt like I was a dollar sign. This guy needs to to lose his license. He will continue to hurt people. He is only in this business for the money, he does not care about his patients. I know longer can kiss my two kids and feel there warm cheeks. Please be aware of the doctor.

|  Unbiased opinion  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2011

Dr. Lawson was very professional and has the credentials to prove it. We felt better knowing he is also a medical doctor.

|  Worst Experience Ever  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

I came in for a schedule consult and waited for almost 2 and a half hours. When I was finaly seen by the doctor he treated me like a dollar sign and rushed me into having the proceedure done. I explained to him I wanted to think about this since I may want to have a consult with the endodontis. He in his expert opinion advised me that the tooth could not be saved and numbed me during the consult. Than one of his assistance that barley spoke english usherded me up to the front desk to pay the almost $600.00 for a single tooth extraction. Durning the proceedure I did not feel that the doctor was to concerned about me and was coninuesly talking about some TV show or movie with another assistant a male this time. I called back two days later because I felt roots remaining in my extraction site. I again recived poor treatment from him and he explained to me this is normal and pain will go away ina few day. It did not I went to another Oral surgeon who extracted the remaining TWO ROOTS yes TWO roots. I WILL NEVER GO TO GREENBERG AGAIN AND I PERSONALY BELIVE DR. SCOTT LAWSON needs to go back to school or hang it up as an oral surgeon. I have researched him and he acctualy sits on the board for dentistry SCARRY INDEED!!! WORST DENTIST EVER!!!