Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

College East
6645 Alvarado Rd
Suite 4000
San Diego, CA 92120
619-229-3105
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  excellent  |  show details
by Mary Jo Bettcher on Jan 14th, 2014

Dr Leary has been a very personable & caring doctor everytime I have been in to see him. I feel the work he did for me, 7 fused vertibrea in my neck literally saved my life! I can live with pain, as long as I can still walk & talk & play with my grandson. Don't you agree!?!

Apr 4th, 2013

This guy is an ego maniac and will use you as a toy to advance his need to do complex surgery; if needed or not. Since he worked on me I have seen 5 neurosurgeon each saying that Leary ( who I will not call doctor) was far more aggressive than they would have been. He is a butcher that you wouldn,t find in Auschwitz because they were too caring there to hire a guy like him. Stay away!!!!!

|  THIS GUY IS INCREDIBLE - A PURE PERFECTIONIST !  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

I had a bad crash with my bicycle hitting a car that too a wrong turn, got lifted to the Emergency and Dr. Leary fixed my spine. He did it so well, that after 6 months I got back to training/racing triathlons. Since then I raced 2 Ironman triathlons and many many others, along with cycling races, etc.Recently I had another surgery to REMOVE the hardware, since my spine recovered so well because of the successful surgery. I wasn't forced to go with Dr. Leary for this 2nd surgery and he was not within the network of my insurance. However, I still decided to go with him, because I TRUST him. I would do it again the same way, anytime.If I go to a neurosurgeon I don't need to be pampered and spoken nice words, I need a doctor who knows what he/she is doing and a perfectionist of his trade. One millimeter of failure with spine surgery can cost my complete health and future.And if you go on his website you will see more amazing achievements of this young doctor.There are many neurosurgeons out there who are maybe the best entertainers or listeners, but guess what: it doesn't matter if they mess up your spine, or your surgery will fail.

Jul 24th, 2012

We felt that Dr. Leary explained the problem very clearly. Scheduling the surgery was efficiently handled. The surgery was much easier than I anticipated and the recovery pretty much pain free. Follow up visits went smoothly. I would recommend Dr. Leary to friend and have already done so.

|  Run this doctor is HORRIBLE!!  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

I got a letter in the mail from this arrogant , self serving POS today. And because I decided NOT to go through with the surgery and line his pockets with cash, I got the rudest, most disgusting letter from the arrogant pompous POS stating that because I didn't do as he decided and take his word for gospel..I can't tell u what the letter said because its TOO vulgar! Not only am I showing this letter to my referring doctor so he no longer will send patients there..I am also reporting him to the medical board. If I were a doctor I'd be ashamed to call this piece of trash a colleague. Use this doctor at YOUR OWN RISK!

|  Rude  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

Dr Leary is so rude and inconsiderate. He shows no compassion for his patients

|  Incredible Spine surgeon  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

I can literally say I am still walking because of Dr. Scott Leary. He is a very good & serious surgeon. My spine is a mess, other doctors ignored the problems. I can't say enough about this doctor, it's rare to find a surgeon with knowledge,listening skills & who is extremely competent and kind as well. The only thing that could be improved upon is the follow up work from the staff after the visit. Sad it's not better as this reflects on the doctor himself, his staff should care more about how this is perceived.

Jan 13th, 2011

I had a great experience at Dr. Learys office from the minute I checked in with Roxane to being roomed by Tena and she assured me Dr.Leary was the best which put my mind at ease, Tracy coming in and asking questions and once again reasurring me about Dr. Leary. When I met Dr. Leary he was compasionate and knowledgeable took his time answered all my questions and explained everything fully. I'm very pleased with my wonderful expierience at his office and highly recommend him to everyone

|  Brilliant Spine Master  |  show details
by lfwatz on Aug 26th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Leary is my spine master. I was very skeptical about whether I needed cervical spine surgery. Dr. Leary took the time to explain, and explain, and explain my condition and and go over my options. He waited until I was comfortable and sure about my decision for surgery. My surgery was a huge sucess! Dr. Leary, my Spine Master, was gentle, kind, and patient with me. He is a young, brilliant surgeon who loves his work and has his patients best interests at heart!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com