Dr. Scott Loev DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 28th, 2017
Highly recommend
Wonderful doctor who uses the most up to date technology to treat pain. Many options to help me.

April 7th, 2017
WONDERFUL GOD GIVEN MAGICAL HANDS.

April 9th, 2016
Dr loev is a horrible physician!
Dr. Loev is the absolute worst dr I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. Go anywhere else. Actually, if dr loev was the only dr around, you'd be better off with no treatment at all.

January 13th, 2016
Needs to get a bedside manner. Doesn't seem to care enough about patient to achieve even a bad one.

October 15th, 2015
The times I need to see Dr. Loev has always been pleasant. I am aware he has no time, but I am not even sure what he looks like...I have seen him 3 or 4 times. I am finished with his power grabbing P.A. How about hiring a new one so I can return to this practice.

November 12th, 2014
Above and beyond
I have been a patient of Dr. Loev since 2009. He took my case when other pain specialists refused. He was excellent in helping me decide to have a spinal cord stimulator implanted which did everything it promised. Over the years I have started seeing the NP Daryl who is WONDERFUL and he actually listened to my symptoms and correctly diagnosed a ruptured disc in my back. Yes, you need to sign a medication contract and there are spot urine checks but these are required by law so they can continue to practice. They are not handing out gum after all. If you are just looking for an easy way to get narcotics this is not the place, but if you want people you can trust and form a bond with,who have your best interest at heart, this is it. There has to be mutual trust so if you abuse that trust you will have problems. I have never been denied an increase in pain medication when a new problem came up. However, I was also willing and eager to wean down from these higher doses when the time came. Again, you have to understand that their rules are set by the state and not just arbitrary. I would, and have sent my closest family there also.

August 28th, 2014
Of all of the pain management specialists that I have been to over many, many years, Dr. Loev is by far the WORST!!! The only quality that surpasses Dr. Loev's high levels of ineptitude and lack of professionalism is his arrogance. You'd be better off seeing ANYONE else. However, if you'd like to see your pain level increases along with your frustration level, then by all means, give this dr. a call.

April 10th, 2012
Pain expert?
If you are seeking pain relif via medicine I find Dr. Loev reluctant to perscribe adequate strength, dose and even medication itself to fully relieve pain. he has an arsenal at his disposal and I find him reluctant to use it.He would rather use experimental and sometimes questionable "procedures". I found him to be personasle enough. He makes you sign a medication contract with him saying you won't try to aquire meds from any one else. However when I told him the meds he were prescribing in my case did not help my knee. I was told that was my other doctors problem. So my question would be is he a pain doctor only for certain areas of the body? Namley the spine? And if so why make me sign a contract with him if he is not willing to treat or even recognize other pain in my body? I am not bashing him I am just asking? I should also mention that I failed a drug test once! for Marijuana... and was told if it happened again he would no longer prescribe me pain meds only to be followed by a letter one week later stating that he would not prescribe me any pain meds. Obviously one indisgression was enough for him to judge me! He is well aware of the fact that with no pain meds my life will be extremely adversly affected but this is his choice I feel to make my life and simple things you might take for granted impossible for me. As I will be in extremely debilitating pain with out pain meds. I'm pretty sure he took an oath to help people not let them suffer when he could easily help them. I don't know why he has chosen to do this to me? But I think actions speak louder than words!!

September 11th, 2010
Started with Dr. Loev, when he was a one doctor office and two nurses only. Now that his office grew I never see him, only his NP and they aren't on top of my disease even thought I have been with them for over two years. So if you have back problems he's the one to see; if you have any other pain issues find someone who had knowledge in your area of need.

August 10th, 2017