Dr. Scott Martin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 22nd, 2016
Back pain from arthritis
Radio frequency procedure for nerve pain from arthritis. The results were excellent, but I almost had a heart attack when I saw the bills that came in. Fortunately Medicare handled it because I never could have afforded it. Couple of nervous months until it all got settled.

August 28th, 2015
great doctors all around
this is one of the best doctors i have seen at the Las Vegas pain institute very considerate as well as nice you don't get that a lot out here anymore but this office is a great place to be a patient

May 19th, 2015
I went in unbeknownst to me with 3 herniated disc in my back. I could hardly walk let alone stand up. The staff got me in immediately so I could lay down... Dr Martin met with me then took me to a room where he gave me a shot in my back I was in so much pain I don't know if it hurt or not. That was the best thing that could have happened to me... I sent saw Dr Martin 3 or 4 times after that... I did have one additional shot after that... I absolutely adore dr. Martin and his staff is fabulous... I was so sorry when I heard that he moved to Henderson Nevada... Definitely our lost their gain

May 16th, 2015
He gets you hooked on pain pills, and then leaves town without any reputable doctors. This doctor should lose his license. He mutilated my back with his continous, multiple surgeries.

December 26th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr.Martin for about 8 months. I have RSD,Fibromyalgia, chronic back pain, and a reoccurring cyst that grows to the size of a softball every 3 months for 3 years and requires hospitalization. I have had over 30 surgeries & probably 50 or more procedures. I am in constant pain. Dr. Martin has charisma and knows how to use it-but it is not real. He seems empathetic and listens, and appears to communicate-but beware! He has taken me off medication that he convinced me to try and telling me how great it was, and when I went to get a refill, he had made a decision to take me off w/out discussing it with me. You have to talk to his nurse-you cannot reach him personally nor will he take ANY PATIENT PHONE CALLS. My last and worst experience came during me moving which was painful and highly stressful. I lost my next month's Rx in the move so he decided not to give me ANY of the meds I had been taking for over 14 years. I lost a month of my life in bed in agony and he definitely put my health and life at risk. His nurse seems to make a lot of decisions on her own. I should have been weaned down off these drugs as all research shows. When I saw him next, he lied to my face saying my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore!!!!! He then cut my meds in 1/2 saying that new research shows there is no difference in quality of life for people taking opiates with chronic pain. I know for sure, I wasn't surveyed on that question and RSD can be crippling. It has been spreading like a hot knife searing down my spine. no tests were done. I pleaded with him as I have always been taught to stay ahead of the pain. since you can't reach him, I got myself to his office at closing time -in agony, sobbing. Was told they don't take walk-ins that it would throw him off his busy schedule! the patient sitting next to me who also had had it with him said I'm his last patient! another lie from his office. I have been bedridden through the holidays, and feel like I am on fire. He has sold his practice and left me barely any medication until I see his replacement in 2 months. I am so scared as the RSD is spreading and could cripple me for life without intervention. New patients be ware of his seemingly charming ways. His actions show how cold he actually is. He once actually told me I had more going on physically than 95% of his patients painwise, yet had a better attitude that 97% percent of them, then turns around and lies, and leaves me at risk in agony! New patients: if you want to get better he's not not the right Doctor!! I wonder how he or his nurse would feel for a month in any of our shoes?

October 18th, 2014
Hopeless
I saw Dr Martin at his old practice and he was great. He left there suddenly and I had no clue how to reach him. A couple of years later and I found him on the internet, so Yay, I fired the other doctor at the old office and went to see him. The visit with Dr Martin was pretty good. He advised me to change medication which I jumped at because I had been on it for years and it didn't really help much anymore. He advised Physical Therapy, good idea, switching meds and a new scan because my back is getting so much worse that it is obvious to the naked eye, even when fully clothed. Also, the Spinal Cord Stimulator that he installed a few years ago needs some attention so he was going to get ahold of the rep and have them check it out. Great! Lets do it all. So when leaving he gave me a script for two weeks medication and he told me to see him in two weeks. I made the follow up appointment and asked about a referral for PT. The receptionist told me to "just go anywhere" Don't I need some kind of a prescription so they know what to work on? Vague stare. No, just go wherever. No mention of the scan or the Spinal Cord Stimulator maintenance. Ok well maybe he's going to look into it and tell me what's up in two weeks when I come back. The receptionist also forgot to give me my ID back. A couple of days later I took the script to be filled. The pharmacy said that they would have to call my "doctors" since they had already filled a pain rx two weeks ago from my old doctor, the one I fired to see Dr Martin. I thought it was odd but OK, if that's what you need to do, fine. So I left and by the time I got home I had a message from the pharmacist who gleefully told me that they called Dr Martin and he voided the prescription and wants to see me. ? So I called Dr M's nurse and left a kind of frantic message because I don't understand what the heck is going on. Half hour later no return call so I call her again and again went to VM. Se finally called me back and just said that Dr. M would not give me any refills and he voided the RX. She also said that this was the second time she left me a message. It wasn't. She was very cold and not at all helpful. I tried to call her back twice with no luck. She did however say that she would not be available the next day. She said to call the assistant the next day and she would know all about it. I called the assistant the next day left voice mail (they never answer their phones) She called me back the next day after I left 2 messages and sadly I missed the call. She just repeated what the nurse said but nothing new. I called 2 more times but no return call. So I still don't know what the problem is. The only thing I can think of is that RX from by old Dr. two+ weeks earlier set off some sort of red flag at the pharmacy. The situation is that Dr. M was fully aware of the previous script and I didn't ask for nor receive any sort of refill and only wanted to do as he suggested and add the new one and lower the dosage on the old meds. Here is what upsets me more than anything else and this is in regards to both Dr M AND the pharmacy! Can't any of you Health Care providers pick up the phone and say something like "Hey! The pharmacy said THIS, so what's the deal? Are you ok? Is this a mistake? Has your pain increased?" Or even give me the information so I can sort it out.? So I finally find Dr Martin and fire the old doctor and now I am totally screwed. I can't go back to the old doctor because I fired them, I am absolutely mortified about going back to Dr Martins office but I need to have this spinal stimulator attended to and I need to find out why the curve in my back is getting worse. Im afraid to go to yet ANOTHER Dr because that looks even worse. Please hear what I am saying DOCTORS, if you have any kind of problem with one of your patients just ASK the patient. Give your patients an opportunity to be heard. It's weird but it was quite clear that the nurse and the assistant had written me off and no longer felt any need to be nice and compassionate. I, too work in healthcare and I also see all kinds of nonsense but I don't treat patients like this because I would be fired. So, in closing, I have no idea what to do. I will be out of my medication in a week and I have no where to go. I chose Dr Martin for his compassion and understanding and sadly it was a stupid thing to change offices. I hope that if anyone else is considering this office, be very very careful because they seem to be more interested in over covering their behinds than actually helping people in pain. Oh, and to all Doctors, Please Please Please ASK QUESTIONS, if you have them. You may not get the answer that you want or expect and maybe you will, but being judge and jury when I don't even know what I have been accused of is ridiculously unfair. I hate writing this. I am really sad that it has come to this. I wish you all a better experience than I had!

February 13th, 2014
OUTSTANDING Doctor and Staff
Dr. Scott Martin has always taken the time to listen to what I am going through. He is thoughtful and considerate. Dr. Martin started me off with the lowest dose of pain medication for my condition and met with me once a month consistently until he found the most effective medications for my particular situation. He has always been kind and VERY caring. I cannot believe the crap I have read in earlier posts. SIMPLY NOT SO. I would recommend Dr. Scott to anyone I know. I have also brought my elderly mother as well as my husband to Dr. Scott for help and they are very happy with him AND his wonderful staff.

August 19th, 2013
He manages to keep you in pain instead of being a pain management doctor!!
He has not enough education to treat people with complicated diseases!! He is a physiatrist & he should stick to physical therapy. My family member has been treated like a drug addict when in fact the family member has a disease this doctor has nooo idea how to treat. Many of his patients land up in the hosp in ER due to their extreme pain level he leaves them in. If you want to remain in pain then see him!!

May 20th, 2013
Rude Nurse, Jody
Scott Martin was kind, however his staff, particularly his nurse, Jody (maybe Judy) was exceptionally rude.

July 18th, 2012
Good experience & Compassionate care
Dr Martin has a great way about him he takes his time with you. He listens to what you have to say. I would also like to add he does know how to dress. You go doc

July 16th, 2012
He Listens
He actually HEARS what a patient is saying and he has a lot of patience on those rare days I have trouble communicating my thoughts.

June 14th, 2012
Physiatry is the BEST for Pain Management. Not an Anestheseologist
Dr. Martin is clinical and professional. He understands rehabilitation for people with injuries. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand move on. If you want someone to evaluate your pain accurately go to him so you can progress and move beyond pain.