Dr. Scott Mcdearmont MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Sulphur Springs, TX

July 27th, 2013
being made a top priority...
After being admitted to the hospital with severe abdominal pain, each dr I came in contact with underestimated my pain level and lacked any sense of urgency in diagnosing my condition or getting me to the RIGHT specialist to solve my problem. When Dr. Mcdearmont took my case, the level of care changed significantly. Dr. Mcdearmont chose to expedite test results, spent time explaining my situation in detail, and directed me to the right specialists to alleviate my problem. He made me feel as though he was laser-focused on one end goal: helping me get well and back to my life. My only regret in my situation was that my surgical needs didnt fall into Dr. Mcdearmont's surgical wheelhouse; but even though he didnt end up being my surgeon, he made sure to check on me and follow up with me as though he was. In this day/age, being made to feel like a priority rather than simply a # is a unique and special quality for a surgeon.

August 11th, 2012
Saved my life
Came into Dr. Mcdearmont with what I later learned was a ruptured appendix. Was undergoing surgery an hour after I walked into his office. He followed me through the whole ordeal like the pro he is. Thanks Dr. McD!
Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words, appendicitis can be a difficult diagnosis!

Skilled Surgeon, Professional and Kind
I met Dr. McDearmont as they wheeled me into the operating room. I had secondary peritonitis. My colon had ruptured and my life was draining away from me. After many hours I awoke with a colostomy, and tubes everywhere. Dr. McDearmont patiently explained what he did to save my life. I credit his expertise and intuitive choices for the reason I am healthy and strong today! He was timely in the hospital conducting his rounds. While many patients filled the waiting room, none were left to wait a long time. He always made sure all my questions were answered before I left, and when I called the office with questions, his assistant made sure she returned my calls that day. My reconstructive surgery went without a hitch. I never had an infection, which is common with this condition. I can heartily recommend Dr. McDearmont for your surgical needs.
Doctor's Response

Emergency surgery is never easy but my training at UT Southwestern prepared me well for any and all circumstances in the OR.

Ronni Cade
I trust him with my life! He has been one of the best doctors I have ever had. Hope that I never need his services again but if I do I know for a fact that he'll be there and take care of what is needed. I have only the highest regards for Dr. McDearmont
Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words!

Great Person with a Caring Spirit
While I have been fortunate to not have to have any medical care, if I did, there is no doubt in my mind where I would go. I have know Scott as the mayor of Highland Village and he has got to be the most awesome and caring person I have ever met.

August 9th, 2012
Laparoscopic appendectomy
Great recovery after laparoscopic surgery!
Doctor's Response

Laparoscopic surgery for appendicitis offers many advantages such as horter hospital stay.

April 11th, 2012
Great skills and bedside manner. I felt well informed and involved in my care start to finish!
Doctor's Response

Patients must be a partner in their healthcare decision making.

April 8th, 2012
Gallbladder
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal helped me tremendously. Dr. McDearmont was a great listener and explained every detail!
Doctor's Response

Patients have generally outstanding results from gallbladder removal when done for appropriate indications.

September 28th, 2009
Breast Care second to none
Dr. McDearmont took plenty of time to answer all my questions and put my mind at ease. He discussed all options in detail. I highly recommend him for breast cancer surgery!
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words!

May 19th, 2009
Very nice
It was a very frightening time, large cysts in my breasts. Dr. McDearmont was very kind and explained all procedures in depth (we went through several). When results finally came back benign, I could see he was genuinely as relieved and happy as I was. Also, his work is excellent, I will only have a very faint scar.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words!