Apr 3rd, 2016

Dr. McGarvey is an exceptional surgeon and physician. His technical skills are very impressive and he's extremely knowledgeable about the most advanced treatment options in his specialty field. Because of his surgical skill, my surgeries were very successful. Dr. McGarvey's communication skills are excellent -- he thoroughly explains your diagnosis, prognosis and potential treatment options. Because I was very well informed regarding the options, I could choose the best treatment for me and did not encounter any surprises during or after the treatment. Further, Dr. McGarvey has a caring approach, which helped me significantly through my recoveries. His team members are experienced, patient, compassionate and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. McGarvey to any of my colleagues, friends or family.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
Apr 2nd, 2016

Dr. Scott McGarvey has been my orthopedic surgeon for bunions, foot reconstruction, and hardware removal. Positive results each time. I have the utmost confidence and respect for Dr. McGarvey. He is an excellent surgeon that cares about his patients and their success in recovery. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so.

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
by Mary on Mar 8th, 2016

Dr. Scott McGarvey is an excellent surgeon. I showed the results of my surgery to 3 of my other doctors and they agreed that he did an excellent job on my bunion and hammer toes.

Thank you Dr McGarvey! show details Thank you Dr McGarvey!
by Marg on Feb 14th, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. McGarvey. I had both bunions operated on and the result could not have been better. I saw three other physicians besides Dr. McGarvey. He was the only one to spend time with me discussing the condition, surgery and post surgery course. I had minimal pain with the surgery! Dr McGarvey was correct when he said I would complain more of boredom than pain with the recovery. The recovery was no big deal. I was back in running shoes after three weeks, back at the gym at four weeks, back running at seven weeks. My feet LOOK great, am back exercising now without pain, my "fashion" shoes way more comfortable! I only wish I had done this sooner! Thanks Dr. McGarvey!!!

Oct 18th, 2015

Once surgery was performed his staff was reluctant to provide follow up appointments. I awoke from surgery with a pin in the top of my second toe which I was unaware was part of the surgery. That toe no longer bends at the joint. The only way I saw him post operation was when there was a threat of infection. I was diagnosed by another orthopedic with CRPS(chronic regional pain syndrome ). I was suffering with this for 2 months and his staff would not schedule an appointment for me. Each time I called they said he was on vacation. This is because he had already been paid for the surgery and didn't want to spend the time to follow up with me. My family physician finally provided me with an appointment with another orthopedic who diagnosed my condition of CRPS before it was too late. He referred me to physical therapy and injections in my spine for the pain in my foot. This was a very serious condition which was not taken seriously by Dr McGarvey or his staff. I consider myself luck to have been able to get help in time. I would not refer my worst enemy to Dr McGravey's care, staff or surgical table. My advice is to find someone who care about more than your insurance money.

Happy Feet! show details Happy Feet!
by Maureen S on Jul 1st, 2015

I dreaded the thought of bilateral bunion surgery, but Dr. McGarvey and his staff were wonderful. The doctor, staff and facility were exceptional - professional, prompt, helpful and supportive. The pain-factor was also a surprise to me: very, very little. Dr. McGarvey, his staff and Twin Cities Orthopedics/Crosstown Surgery are unbeatable!

Jun 30th, 2015

I had bilateral hallux valgus reconstruction and Dr. McGarvey and all of the staff were great. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience!

by Teresa K on May 5th, 2015

He is the BEST! Would not go anywhere else. He treated us with respect and was VERY courteous!

Mar 25th, 2015

Ease of appt. Ten days and counting. Only one person is permitted to make adapts., Radora. She is NEVER available I have been trying unsuccessfully make an appt for the last 10 days. She is either unavailable or plays phone tag and we don't connect. Totally unprofessional. Sure hope Dr. McGarvey or at the least his office manager reads this.

Bunion and hammer toe surgery show details Bunion and hammer toe surgery
Jan 28th, 2015

I wish I had read the reviews before having Dr. mcGarvey do my surgery. Had surgery a year ago, after taking out my pin I still had pain in my foot 6 months later. Called to see if I could come back in to have him look at my foot. Was told to wait and it should go away, I still have sharp pains in my foot and hammer toe. I will call back and try to get him to see me. It is not right for a surgeon to not follow up with issues that are happening or on going after he removes the pin.my husband is suppose to have foot surgery and was referred to Dr. mcGarvey by his RA doctor, was told he was an expert in his field. Dr.McGarvey may be an expert but by not following up with his patience when they still have issues later he is not a true Dr looking out for his patience best interest. If it is because of not getting paid for follow ups, then charge us, just make sure the surgeries you are doing are successful! Foot pain is very difficult to live with! My husband will not be having Dr. mcGarvey doing his surgery since I have read and experience his follow on issues after surgery.

by DKranz on Oct 19th, 2014

Dr. McGarvey took the time to listen to what I had to say. Between what I said and the x-ray he told me what needed to be done. Took the time to answer any questions that I had. His caring and kindness showed through in all my visits. I would definitely recommend Dr. McGarvey and any family, friends or anyone that needs a foot specialist.

Bunion Surger 2013 show details Bunion Surger 2013
Jan 24th, 2014

Dr. Mcgarvey did my bunion surgery in Sept 2013 . I chose him because he has done over 6,000 foot surgeries and came recommended. In checking on line for reviews, I did note that a common comment was his general lack of follow up protocol, and a couple comments about how he did not deal with patient complaints satisfactorily. This has been my experience. I followed all the rehab directions to a "T", and have worse foot pain that pre-surgery. I went back for 2 follow up visits and Dr Mcgarvey was very short with me, telling me to come back in 6 months and get some PT. Either he was having a bad day overall, or he isn't a compassionate guy if things don't turn out as planned. This has been my first elective medical surgery - quite disappointed in the result.

Sep 28th, 2013

I had bunion and hammer toe surgery. Dr. McGarvey has performed over 6,000 bunion surgeries, and I felt he was very qualified and experienced in this particular area. The surgery was very short and I had hardly any pain. Dr. McGarvey recommends a conservative recovery program of elevating the operated foot for a couple weeks to prevent long term swelling and pain. I appreciated this as I did not want long term problems as a result of too early or too much activity.

Retired MD show details Retired MD
May 25th, 2011

My wife recently had foot surgery by Dr. McGarvey. She could not be more pleased. I have practiced medicine for 40 years and I can attest to his expertise, professionalism and very good bedside manner. Everything was well explained and thorough. He came highly recommended and met and even exceeded our expectations.

Find someone else show details Find someone else
Oct 29th, 2010

After being recommended, I trusted Dr. McGarvey to repair the pain in my 2nd toe joint. He recommended I endure a bunionectomy despite the favt that it never hurt in the past. He said he couldn't repair anything unless he did. I did feel as though I was one of many, but since he was recommended, I put my gut feeling aside. After surgery, there was no follow up call by surgeon or staff. I went back after 2 weeks as recommended, for removal of the pin in my 2nd toe and sutures in several locations. A week later I began to see a dramatic change in color of the foot as well as swelling. He was rekuctant to take the time to see me, ut did because he was afraid there could be an infection developing. At the appointment he treated me as though he was doing me a favor. If you notice, you will see that there are no follow up appointments that he will schedule past the removal of sutures and pins post op. Isn't that strange? Doesn't he want to know how you are doing 3, 6, or 9 months after surgery. The answer is NO, because has already been paid by your insurance and will receive no further payment for addition appointments. So he will not waste his time with you. You will be told that he has no appointments available by his nurse who has been instructed to tell you that he is on vacation and will call you, or that everything you are dealing with is completely normal. Actually it's not, and if you see another surgeon, they will tell you that that is not the case. After over a year, my foot is actually worse since he cut my bunion unecessarily, didn't repair it correctly and now I have pain in 2 places instead of just 1! I wish i had never had this surgery with Dr. McGarvey. This is just unbelievable! Find another surgeon to do your surgery!

A gifted surgeon show details A gifted surgeon
by Sarah on May 26th, 2010

Dr McGarvey is a gifted surgeon who has extensive experience (my bunionectomy was procedure number 5136 for him). He's kind and thoughtful, but he won't be warm and fuzzy. He's thorough and competent, and his work is excellent. His nurse was always available for questions, and his OR team respects him and trusts him. As a person who works in healthcare managing clinical research trials and working with hundreds of doctors, I have 100% trust in Dr McGarvey, am incredibly pleased with my procedure results (follow the instructions--they're there for a reason), and would immediately give my highest referral to anyone looking for a foot or ankle specialist. He's top notch!

more follow up would be nice show details more follow up would be nice
Feb 28th, 2010

called a few times because I wasn't sure foot was healing right after surgery and told to wait it out. wish there was more office staff support to check out concerns post surgery

Feb 25th, 2010

In my opinion, Dr. McGarvey is the very best foot surgeon to be found anywhere. After having several unsuccesful bunion surgeries done by podiatrists, he repaired the damage and I am now able to walk without severe pain. His name was given to me by others who have been healed by his hands. He is very professional, knowledgeable and treats his patients with care.

Feb 16th, 2010

Initial discussions minimize the proceedure and the recovery. Once Dr. McGarvey has done your surgery, you will only see him one more time to remove stitches and pins. After that, you will not be able to schedule an appointment to follow up on your progress,questions and concerns. I recommend finding another surgeon who will take the time necessary for proper follow up care. Un believable and unacceptable.