Dr. Scott Mcgarvey MD Patient Reviews

• 21 reviews

July 20th, 2016
My feet are beautiful after bilateral bunion surgery. Follow all your instructions from Dr. McGarvey and you will have a wonderful result. One of the best foot Dr.'s in the Nation.

May 31st, 2016
I have complete trust in his abilities and am grateful he is my doctor.

April 3rd, 2016
Dr. McGarvey is an exceptional surgeon and physician. His technical skills are very impressive and he's extremely knowledgeable about the most advanced treatment options in his specialty field. Because of his surgical skill, my surgeries were very successful. Dr. McGarvey's communication skills are excellent -- he thoroughly explains your diagnosis, prognosis and potential treatment options. Because I was very well informed regarding the options, I could choose the best treatment for me and did not encounter any surprises during or after the treatment. Further, Dr. McGarvey has a caring approach, which helped me significantly through my recoveries. His team members are experienced, patient, compassionate and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. McGarvey to any of my colleagues, friends or family.

April 2nd, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Scott McGarvey has been my orthopedic surgeon for bunions, foot reconstruction, and hardware removal. Positive results each time. I have the utmost confidence and respect for Dr. McGarvey. He is an excellent surgeon that cares about his patients and their success in recovery. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so.

March 8th, 2016
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Scott McGarvey is an excellent surgeon. I showed the results of my surgery to 3 of my other doctors and they agreed that he did an excellent job on my bunion and hammer toes.

February 14th, 2016
Thank you Dr McGarvey!
I highly recommend Dr. McGarvey. I had both bunions operated on and the result could not have been better. I saw three other physicians besides Dr. McGarvey. He was the only one to spend time with me discussing the condition, surgery and post surgery course. I had minimal pain with the surgery! Dr McGarvey was correct when he said I would complain more of boredom than pain with the recovery. The recovery was no big deal. I was back in running shoes after three weeks, back at the gym at four weeks, back running at seven weeks. My feet LOOK great, am back exercising now without pain, my "fashion" shoes way more comfortable! I only wish I had done this sooner! Thanks Dr. McGarvey!!!

October 18th, 2015
Once surgery was performed his staff was reluctant to provide follow up appointments. I awoke from surgery with a pin in the top of my second toe which I was unaware was part of the surgery. That toe no longer bends at the joint. The only way I saw him post operation was when there was a threat of infection. I was diagnosed by another orthopedic with CRPS(chronic regional pain syndrome ). I was suffering with this for 2 months and his staff would not schedule an appointment for me. Each time I called they said he was on vacation. This is because he had already been paid for the surgery and didn't want to spend the time to follow up with me. My family physician finally provided me with an appointment with another orthopedic who diagnosed my condition of CRPS before it was too late. He referred me to physical therapy and injections in my spine for the pain in my foot. This was a very serious condition which was not taken seriously by Dr McGarvey or his staff. I consider myself luck to have been able to get help in time. I would not refer my worst enemy to Dr McGravey's care, staff or surgical table. My advice is to find someone who care about more than your insurance money.

July 1st, 2015
Happy Feet!
I dreaded the thought of bilateral bunion surgery, but Dr. McGarvey and his staff were wonderful. The doctor, staff and facility were exceptional - professional, prompt, helpful and supportive. The pain-factor was also a surprise to me: very, very little. Dr. McGarvey, his staff and Twin Cities Orthopedics/Crosstown Surgery are unbeatable!

June 30th, 2015
I had bilateral hallux valgus reconstruction and Dr. McGarvey and all of the staff were great. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience!

May 5th, 2015
He is the BEST! Would not go anywhere else. He treated us with respect and was VERY courteous!

March 25th, 2015
Ease of appt. Ten days and counting. Only one person is permitted to make adapts., Radora. She is NEVER available I have been trying unsuccessfully make an appt for the last 10 days. She is either unavailable or plays phone tag and we don't connect. Totally unprofessional. Sure hope Dr. McGarvey or at the least his office manager reads this.

January 28th, 2015
Bunion and hammer toe surgery
I wish I had read the reviews before having Dr. mcGarvey do my surgery. Had surgery a year ago, after taking out my pin I still had pain in my foot 6 months later. Called to see if I could come back in to have him look at my foot. Was told to wait and it should go away, I still have sharp pains in my foot and hammer toe. I will call back and try to get him to see me. It is not right for a surgeon to not follow up with issues that are happening or on going after he removes the pin.my husband is suppose to have foot surgery and was referred to Dr. mcGarvey by his RA doctor, was told he was an expert in his field. Dr.McGarvey may be an expert but by not following up with his patience when they still have issues later he is not a true Dr looking out for his patience best interest. If it is because of not getting paid for follow ups, then charge us, just make sure the surgeries you are doing are successful! Foot pain is very difficult to live with! My husband will not be having Dr. mcGarvey doing his surgery since I have read and experience his follow on issues after surgery.