Dr. Scott Metzger MD Patient Reviews

August 23rd, 2016
Good

July 14th, 2015
Finally Relief
After years of suffering with back pain I gotten at least 80% relief. I've had four back operations over the years with minimum results. Dr. Metzger is a kind, gentle, conservative practioner...no frills. Just a guy who knows his stuff.

June 28th, 2015
the best in NJ
I went to another pain doctor before I realized that Dr Metzger's office was so close to me. His staff was so professsional and I am sorry that I did not see him first. He was a great listener and I a, starting to feel a lot better

May 3rd, 2015
The best in NJ
I chose Dr Metzger after doing research on the internet. I was not disappointed. He gave me the time to answer all my questions. His staff was also very helpful. He is in a new office that was very comfortable.

July 30th, 2014
Recommendation
Six years ago I searched the internet for a Pain Management Doctor upon recommendation of my Orthopedic doctor. After several calls to other practices I was given an appointment with Dr. Metzger in East Brunswick. From that day forward to this day, I have consulted with Dr. Metzger for all my back pain. I have received several injections in my back which worked and some that didn't work. I have observed Dr. Metgzger's concern, sympathy, patience, and suggestions about my condition and have learned to place my entire confidence and trust in him. His knowledge and experience of his specialty reflects directly on my present condition which went from a wheelchair to normal walking and standing with some limitations. Dr. Metzger gave me the confidence to received these injections and reassured me on the operating table. His bedside manner is the most positive thing I can address because he makes me feel confident that he will help my situation if it's within his power. His concern overflows into the hours outside the medical day by calling me at home to inquire of my progress. I gain nothing of this posting except that I can help someone make a choice of a doctor who places the patients illness to the front of the conversation and walking out of his office knowing they have made the right decision. If a rating is desired, then Dr. Metzger gets a five star (*****) rating from me. As to the staff at Premier Pain Centers, I have dealt with Shrewsberry and East Brunswick offices. The staff has always extended themselves to make the visit bearable when I am in extreme pain. Compassion is the best word to describe them. They have always worked with me as a person and not just a number on the page by getting me appointments as soon as possible to see Dr. Metzger. The staff would also get a five star (*****) rating from me. It is with great pleasure and confidence that I recommend Dr. Scott Metzger for any type of pain management. Once you have been through the experience, you will agree that this entire practice is a five star (*****) rating.

November 8th, 2013
Dr. Metzger is a very kind doctor that always runs on time. When ever I go to Dr. Metzger he always makes the correct diagnosis, and I get better in no time. He is a very great Doctor and I request using him!

May 30th, 2013
Thank you Dr. Metzger!
Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for Dr. Metzger. Before going to Dr. Metzger, I was basically a couch potato due to the pain in my lower back, hip, and sciatic nerve in my leg. I was in pain standing, walking, sitting, and even lying down. There was no relief. This went on for years until a doctor recommended pain management and recommended Dr. Metzger. At the time, I had never heard of pain management. Then, three of my other doctors all told me to see Dr. Metzger, and that he was the best in the area. I decided to give pain mananagement a try. Best thing I ever did! I've gotten my life back! Dr. Metzger is a very caring and patient doctor. He always takes the time to talk to me and explain every question and procedure to me. His office staff is also very nice. I've never had to wait long in his waiting room.

May 7th, 2013
The Best Pain Management Doctor I've ever seen!!!!!
Dr. Metzger really takes the time to listen to my problems. He addresses each one and I never leave his office with unanswered questions. He always seems happy to see me, with a smile on his face and he is so easy to talk to. He has helped me when other pain management doctors have not. I never have a problem reaching him and everyone in all of his offices are all so friendly and happy to help. I would highly recommend Dr. Metzger.

April 21st, 2013
Dr. Metzger
Dr. Metzger of Premier Pain Management is not only courteous and knowledgeable in his field but one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have been under his care for at least seven years and have recieved excellent treatment, courteous timely service and expert diagnosis. His bedside manner is second to none and has always been this way from the beginning. He is very compassionate, listens to his patients and treats always with respect. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of pain reduction.

April 16th, 2013
Patient
Professional, caring and listens to your concerns. Treats you as an individual and respects you. Have been treated by Dr. Metzger for nearly ten years for debilitating back pain. He has been there for me every step of the way. I truly believe he has allowed me to live my life with dignity. If you are looking for the top Dr. In the pain management field, Look no further. Staff is kind and makes your visit flawless. Nice office too!

August 20th, 2012
clueless no caring staff..rude.
had to call several times to get a return call..then 5 different receptionists pick up phone asking can i help you and i had to explain situation everytime.terrrible pain with the herniated disks in back that an mri located yet was denied addidtional medication till an epidural was scheduled.treated like a pill junky when i have serious pain..was told it takes 48 hours before they will give any new meds.dont waste your time..

June 14th, 2012
The Best for Back Pain!
I am an athletic 48 year old who got hurt helping my daughter move home from college. Dr Metzger diagnosed my disk herniation. After physical therapy and one epidural I am back to the gym. Great Job.