Dr. Scott Nash Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Nash?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Scott Nash?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2017

Terrible

I'd give him zero stars if possible. After a year of treatments with both my children, he gave less than two weeks notice that he was closing the doors of his practice and to come pick up our files. We had to scramble to find another doctor and then learned we'd need to basically start over on treatment because of the way immunology shots work. In the waiting room, when we went to get our charts, we learned we were better off than others who had never received the email and only figured out he was closing the practice by chance and finding the hand written note taped to the office door. These were patients with serious allergic reactions who would not have has anywhere else to go. He was ethically wrong and in my opinion this was malpractice. I was told he closed his practice to take a job with a drug company. His employees got the same amount of notice as his patients.

May 12th, 2014

Poor follow through

I will start with we did think very highly of Dr Nash for a few years until he began allowing his staff to run his business poorly. For us our children get allergy shots and when they suffer because of poor organization, office management and an overall unhappy nurse then ultimately it's the doctor who should take responsibility. I would not recommend.

February 6th, 2012

Dr Nash actually cares about his patients well being. He took a fair amount of time with me, explained everything and that is the cleanest office I've ever been in! Definately minimizes the allergens.

January 30th, 2012

Dr. Nash returned my call same day when I called for my initial appt. Spent 45 minutes with me at the appt & sent me for labwork that day. Did not follow up or return my phone calls or e-mails after the inital appointment. I did like this doctor, seemed excellent at the appt, but none of that matters if you don't follow up! I tried for several months to reach him at the office, left multiple voicemails at the office requesting follow up, requesting an appt, etc. and also attempted to email via the address on the website. Did not receive one response. I understand he must be very busy not having any office staff, but MONTHS? That is no way to run a medical practice. Eventually I gave up & saw a different allergist in town (one with office staff...)

August 4th, 2011

Great doctor

Dr. Nash fully answered all of my questions. I am already feeling much better with my asthma and allergies.

April 6th, 2011

highly recommended

He, Dr Scott Nash, was really good. I asked him very detailed questions and he held his ground pretty well (like a toddler I kept asking why until we couldnt go any further b/c of my lack of chemistry/biology background). He was very methodical and a very good listener. He graduated from NCSU, UNC, and Duke in that order. He has personally suffered from allergy and asthma for many years. The service was very personal. The office is kind of different, but he seems like a good doctor.

April 4th, 2011

Dr. Nash was very thorough in explaining my allergy and asthma problems and treatments. I had been to a previous allergy doctor in the area and felt like I got started on medication without an explanation. If you want to see a doctor who cares about you then go see Dr. Nash!

July 25th, 2010

Relocating to be treated by this particular doctor

Dr. Nash treats food allergies that other doctors simply refuse--telling you to just carry your EpiPen and hope for the best when your child stops breathing. "Be vigilant." I know of only one other doctor in the world treating peanut allergy outside of a clinical study environment. Every other allergist tells you that in five to ten years, oral-desensitization will be standard practice. In other words, billable to insurance. Hopefully your child will not die by then.The lack of staff is refreshing. There's an old-fashion charm about dealing with the actual doctor on all levels. So what if you have to wait for a return phone call. When he does call you back, it certainly is not a waste of time. The patient truly comes first and all of your questions and concerns are addressed completely. Dr. Nash is patient with rowdy siblings and maintains a gentle bedside manner. No arrogance whatsoever. He is delightful and children love him.Allergy patients in the Raleigh area are lucky to have him. I wish other doctors cared half as much. It would be a different world.

April 4th, 2010

Great experience

Dr. Nash was very thorough in helping answer my questions about my son's food allergies and asthma. I will be taking the rest of my family back to see him soon.

March 18th, 2010

Does not seem to care about patients

At first he seems pleasant but has a difficult time follow up and returning calls. Doesn't seem to care much about my son's issues and doesn't take the time to explain. He has no staff, no nurses and does it all which tells you a lot about the practice since he has been open for years. He answers the phone in the middle of your visit or testing. I would not take my son back to him in the future. I would prefer a more professional environment with a doctor that cares about his patients.

July 10th, 2017