Dr. Scott Nelson Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Scott Nelson?

Misdiagnosis could've been fatal

Posted on October 20th, 2017

I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Scott Nelson and it almost cost me my life. I went in on a Friday with 104° temperature after returning from an overseas trip. He said you have the Chikungunya virus from a mosquito bite. I asked how do you know without doing a blood test? He said even if it's Dengue fever I would still prescribe the same treatment, UV blood treatment. I got the treatment on Monday, and by Tuesday I still didn't feel good so Dr. Sosin (Irvine) advised to come back I need more than one treatment. Well by Wednesday I felt like I was going to die. By the time I got to Kaiser, I had septic shock, sepsis blood infection, respiratory failure, kidney failure, liver failure due to leptospirosis a BACTERIAL infection which was treated with antibiotics! If I had waited one more day I might not be alive. After 2 days in ICU and 5 total in hospital I am lucky to be alive. Never again will I trust Dr. Scott R Nelson

Posted on November 14th, 2011

We all know the hectic time in getting into seeing a doctor these days. Anytime I have gone to Dr. Nelson I have not had to wait anymore than 15 minutes. He spends an hour or more explaining my condition, he also draws pictures to help me understand the physiology. There needs to be more doctors that appreciate their patients and are willing to go the distance to make sure they understand their condition. It's all about the patient in this clinic, not time. Besides myself other patients have commented on how blessed they have been since they found Dr. Nelson to take care of their health needs. Over and over I have heard someone comment on how they wished other doctors had the time to spend explaining their disease process.

Posted on November 11th, 2011

Would not recommend him

Doctor's Response

Likely a competitive physician sent this in. For example, I have rarely spent less than an hour evaluating a new patient, and rarely less than a half hour in follow up. I've received no patient complaints, have practiced since 1983 without a penny's loss or settlements in lawsuits to any carrier, have been elected either managing partner or president of every medical group I've been a part of without soliciting same. All my referrals are by word of mouth, and the only problems I've ever had were from physicians who felt I was intruding upon their turf, which have had no scruples about slandering me or libeling me. By the way, this site does not describe my practice, practice history, associations or other data accurately, and does not assume any responsibility to ensure the accuracy or even the source of the material posted. I've discussed this with Vitals personnel directly, and this is their stance.

Posted on February 25th, 2015