Dr. Scott Olitsky MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Kansas City, MO

• Good
  • Bad

January 15th, 2015
I am an adult patient and he is the best dr I have seen.

August 26th, 2013
If you or your child need eye surgery, this is the surgeon you want. Dr. Olitsky is very gifted in his field, has written a surgical textbook other eye surgeons use, and is highly published. He was friendly and heard our concerns. Our young daughter's symptoms were rapidly progressing, and she now has no symptoms at all since having the surgery. The surgery she had has an extremely high cure rate, and we are so blessed to have such a renown surgeon who could help her and us. We cannot express our gratitude enough.

June 26th, 2013
Terrible
This doctor was terrible. We weren't even scheduled to see him but our regular doctor was out of town on an emergency. He came in and spent NO time even examining my child, and cut me off mid sentence and said she needed glasses and it should correct the problem and handed me a prescription. He said try this and follow up in six weeks. I paid 115.00 against my better judgement and just had a follow up today with her REGULAR doctor and sure enough, was told the glasses aren't helping toward our goal for what her problems are. I am beyond disgusted I wasted my money on these glasses and even more disgusted the doctor is allowed to even treat children if he can't take the time and care necessary to make sure they have what they need. I will NEVER see this doctor again.

July 27th, 2011
With great confidence...
My daughter is 2-1/2 & has been diagnosed with cataracts at 2 months & now glaucoma. Dr Hug, Dr Olitsly & Dr Stahl have been the most professional & emphatic team of surgeons we've dealt with. With only a small handful of surgeons in the country that have experience in this field we are so happy we have them. They have given us the strength & confidence to tackle all that she goes through. We are grateful for CMH & their staff.

October 14th, 2010
Arrogant & Condescending.... not helpful to my child's needs.

January 7th, 2009
Dr. Olitsky is a great doctor. He has been with our son since he was 6 months old and diagnosed with congetal glucoma. Dr. Olitsky never talks over our heads and is always willing to help and answer any questions.

June 9th, 2008
Our son's eyes crossed suddenly. Dr. Olitsky was able to calmly explain what happened, and what could be done to remedy the situtation. He ended up having eye surgery. Dr. Olitsky addressed our fears/questions in depth prior to the procedure, while still explaining all of the risks. He did an excellent job relating to our child. The procedure went very well. We had a very good experience with Dr. Olitsky and the staff at Childern's Mercy.

March 22nd, 2017