Dr. Scott Parry DO Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Atlanta, GA

• Good
  • Bad

November 21st, 2015
Very professional, courteous and kind...Great PCP!!

July 4th, 2015
It was my first time there for an annual and well woman visit. I came here because Dr. Parry was listed as being in-network with my plan and had supposedly received relatively good reviews online. I came early to fill out paperwork and the wait time was over 30 minutes in the waiting area and then in the room even though there were no other patients in the office. (Which I found strange for a PCP's office) When Dr. Parry came into the room, he didn't even take a history( I was a new patient) and rushed through the whole exam, not allowing me to talk and informing me that if I wanted to address any specific concerns, I'd have to make further appointments. When the phlebotomist came to draw my blood for labs--he missed several important labs we had discussed earlier. I suffer from high cholesterol, but have normal triglycerides, yet he prescribed a medication solely for elevated triglycerides. He prescribed me a high dose of Vit D, but did not draw labs for a Vit D level. It took weeks to get the results back from the labs on the patient portal after calling the front desk numerous times. I received a bill from the lab with charges of almost $2,000 for extremely specialized and an unecessary quantity of labs he had ordered for my annual without informing me or without my consent. I thought I was only getting a PAP test. Their billing department never answered or returned my mesages either. Very disatisfied with the dishonesty and lack of quality of care I have received. I will not be be returning or referring anyone there.

February 18th, 2014
Horrible
Not sure exactly what TYPE of Dr this guy is, but either way the office is very very finically driven meaning money comes first patients fall somewhere like fourth or fifth. This Dr is more concerned with his physical appearance than providing patients with quality of Care. Personally anyone in Atlanta can do much better than this place. Check around FIRST, There are far too many Physicians that will not be condescending to you and TREAT you the patient without being concerned about their financial bottom line. Great that the office looks nice, Dr drives a pretty Grey Bentley But it just seems it's a little too much of throwing it in your face. Front office staff Have access to your personal medical info and that's a little unsettling they seem a little well.. you will understand when you encounter them. I believe their names are Chinequa and Tequila. Not at all Professional.

March 26th, 2013
Dr. Parry is a great physician. I have known him for 10 plus years and have been his patient all along. His two nurse practitioners are just as awesome. They are all very good about follow up and pertinent information. They office staff is one of the best I have ever seen. I would highly recommend this office to anyone looking for excellent health care.

July 18th, 2011
Great Doctor, Needs more upbeat & positive Staff
Specifically dealing with front desk staff. Some associates are clearly there just to earn a paycheck and the tone and body language supports that statement.When calling for details, the patient is made to feel like they are bothering the front desk staff. One is made to feel their issue is just another problem to handle. The member is left feeling they will be placed on the bottom of the stack. If calling back to check status, major attitudes are easy to notice. Doctor Parry is professional and has a great work ethic. However, his front-line workers are influencing his image.

September 15th, 2010
Excellent doctor's office
My experiences at Dr. Parry's office have always been great. They get you in quickly and Dr. Parry is so easy to talk to!

June 24th, 2010
Negligent
Antidepressants was the wrong medicine to prescribe to a patient who clearly shows signs of Bipolar disorder. This patient should have been referred to a specialist in this field. As a result the patient attempted suicide.

February 13th, 2009