3.0

former patient show details former patient
by Sheila Brandon on Mar 21st, 2014

October 19, 2000 turned out to be the worse day of my life. Dr. "Quack" Pruitt was one of the surgeons (Dr. Michael Zenn) at Duke University Medical Center performing a radical right mastectomy and tram flap reconstruction for a 1 centimeter lump In my breast. I was treated like a guinea pig. The most radical procedures were performed (needlessly) and a very vital procedure was neglected (sentinal node biopsy). 22 surgeries later, I am still in constant pain and suffering. He has accepted no responsibility in this fiasco. I was mutilated and maimed and left permanently scared and disabled for the remainder of my life. I went from gainful employment to humble disability. Patients--BEWARE! this man is a mutilator!

Is there justice? show details Is there justice?
Apr 12th, 2013

Arrogant, poor care, major errors during surgery. Life long injury as a result. Interesting he is no longer practicing medicine at Duke. He is gone! Thank God! Wish I would have know this sooner! Over all rating -0

Dec 7th, 2011

Dr. Pruitt is exceptionally smart, friendly, and caring. He has monitored lumps in my breasts for many years, and performed surgery on me twice. I could not be more pleased.

HORRIBLE show details HORRIBLE
Jun 27th, 2011

Patient walked into surgery. Had a job, was not on disability. Ever since the surgery patient requires 24/7 care. I am typing this for the patient, which is my mother. I love her very much. Please, don't let this happen to you.