Family Practioner

606 N 3rd Ave
Ste 101
Sandpoint, ID 83864
208-263-1435
Locations and availability (2)

1.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dangerous In Diagnosis  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Dunn for 12 years. As his practice grew it became more of a factory. In the last year bad became terrible. On one occassion I was taken to an examination room. After an hour and a half I left and went to the front desk, and was told the doctor and nurse had gone home.About January of 2012 I went to Dr. Dunn for a productive cough. He put me on medications and there was no improvement. Over the next two months he kept changing meds with no improvement. He had no diagnosis. In early April he gave me meds for two months and said if no improvement to come back.I went to a bronchologist who correctly diagnosed and treated leading to a surgery in June of 2012 to remove a very large malignant tumor from my right lung as well as removing thelower lobe of the lung.The surgeon said the tumor was pushing on the lung and close to going through it. After biopsy of the margins and 24 lymph nodes, and a PET scan I was determined to be cancer free.My wife had developed a cough and was treated by Dr. Dunn. His path was the same as with me. She asked for a referral to my bronchologist and he refused stating he was not through with his treatments. My wife left and went to the bronchologist. She was properly treated and no longer has the problem. The bronchologist and the surgeon could not believe he would refuse a referral, although referral was not necessary by my insurer. I have the feeling Dr. Dunn just didn't want to lose the income. I would never refer anyone to him. Thanks.