Gynecologic Oncologist
Hahnemann Univ. Hosp./Hema-Oncology
230 N Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-762-2640
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.6190476190476 of 4 stars
Nov 18th, 2013

|  WONDERFUL  |  show details
by VIOLA ANDERSON on Oct 3rd, 2013

DR.RICHARDS TEATED ME RECENTLY AND I TRULY THANK GOD CAUSE HE IS JUST A WONDERFUL COMPASIONATE PERSON , I KNEW I WOULD OK AS SOON AS HE WALKED INTO MY HOSPITAL ROOM , SAT DOWN AND TALKED TO ME , AND HE GOT MY DAUGHTER RACHELS APROVAL.

|  ex patient  |  show details
by lori j kline on Feb 5th, 2013

wonderful dr who is sadly missed at mcgees. 5 star rating in every class. come back we miss you.

|  Relocated to Philadelphia Area, now he won't  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

give you the time of day. Highly disappointed that after ovarian cancer recurrence I could not even contact him at his new hospital. He puts on a good show with hugs and kisses. But in retrospect I realize that he was generally hard to contact. He also used office and hospital staff as a firewall. Another reviewer stated his MO was to pawn patients off to his PA and staff. I am inclined to agree with that review. Now it appears he is building his resume - so be forewarned he may be here today but gone tomorrow.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I would recommend this practice to anyone. I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Richard as my surgeon and his caring personality and beside manner was extraordinary. He put me at ease and made me feel extremely confident.

|  Ovarian Cancer  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Dr. Richard has gotten us through this last year with his professional acumen and personal empathy. Dr. Richard advised us how to shave valuable weeks off the front end "hoops" that one would normally jump through. We literally got into surgery 3-days after our initial consultation. This wasn't a rush by him to fill the OR, this was to remove a 20-lbs Stage III ovarian malignancy. From March 2011 to the Present, Dr. Richard has comforted us and served as our "Quarterback" through extended hospitalizations, infections, chemotherapy, and 2nd look surgery/colostomy reversal, and remission. A year and 2 months into this we are in remission and praying for the best. We are saddened that Dr. Richard is moving away from Pittsburgh, but may time future appointments to his new location and weekends at the beach. Thank you Dr. Richard.

|  Renewed My Belief  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

My PCP found an abnormality in my abdomen and had me get an ultrasound done. Once it was discovered that I had cysts on my ovaries, I started looking for an oncologist. I was highly recommended to see Dr. Richard from a family member. From the moment I met him and his staff, I knew he was the right doctor for me. He took care of me and my family. He was sweet and understanding and his hugs made my day. After the surgery, he told me that I had borderline tumors. I was scared that I would not be able to have anymore children at the age of 26. He was able to preserve my fertility so that my husband and I can try to have more children. I am so happy that I can finally say that I have met a doctor who I feel confident that he will take care of me. I love Dr. Richard and his staff and highly recommend him to anyone who needs him!

|  Wonderful and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

Dr. Richard is a wonderful caring doctor that takes his time and is very personable. He is very thorough and answers every question and concern you might have. He cured my stage iv cancer! I would highly recommend him to anyone. I actually look forward to seeing him every 6 months for my check ups and scans!

Feb 1st, 2011

Out of the five surgeries I have had, this was by far the best experience!

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

I was very nervous about my diagnosis. After meeting with Dr. Richard, he answered all my questions and explained my diagnosis and went over all my options. My surgery and post-op visit went very well, thanks to Dr. Richard. He is an amazing doctor, considerate, compassionate, and his hugs are very comforting too!!! :) I highly recommend Dr. Richard,... wish all doctors were like him.

|  Excellent oncologist!  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

I met Dr. Richard last March after being diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer. He has an excellent bedside manner! I never had a doctor show so much compassion about the whole person. He also loves to give hugs! He explained everthing to us as I awaited surgery and his nurses and nurse practitioners were also very patient and caring with us. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Beause of him I am still alive and hope to be for many many years! He helped me through chemo and I am still receiving Avastin at this time. He has kept me comfortable throughout the entire journey. He is the best!

Aug 12th, 2010

Dr. Richard was very caring, compassionate & extremely easy to talk to. I feel as though he listened to my concerns, my fears & felt that he thoughtfully answered any questions that I could throw at him. I would highly recommend Dr. Richard... he's number 1 in my book!

|  None Better  |  show details
by Abigail Tuffiash on Jul 31st, 2010

Simply put, Dr. Richard is a God-send. I can hardly express how grateful I and my family are for the quality of care he has provided to my mother. She was seen within 3 hours of calling to make an appointment. Through his examination, Dr. Richard correctly diagnosed my mother and set up pre op testing to happen immediately which enabled her to take advantage of a slot in the surgery schedule that had opened up on Thursday of the same week. He eased our fears with his knowledge and relieved our stress with his gentle wit. His follow-up care has been exceptional. He has met with my mother every morning since surgery to assess her condition. I truly can not imagine better than Dr. Richard -he is the ideal.

Jun 7th, 2010

This doctor's MO is to pass you off to PA and the rest of the staff after surgery

|  another grateful patient  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2010

Dr. Richard's knowledge, training, skill and talent speaks for itself as he performed a robotic hysterectomy for me. But, he is caring, understanding, patient and so kind. Exactly what every cancer patient needs. For me, an unexpected gift in my new reality. Simply the best, and I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Apr 2nd, 2009

He knows what he is doing quite well, and is very caring and kind to his patients.

by a grateful patient on Dec 22nd, 2008

Dr. Richard is an exceptional doctor. He is very kind and helpful. When I came in to see him, I was scared and he explained that he would treat me as he would his wife or mother. He eased my fears. He did an excellent job with my laproscopic hysterectomy. I had no complications. I would recommend him and have to anyone. What a gem!!

Aug 16th, 2008

I am in the health care profession, and this is by far one of the best physicians I have seen. You can tell that he really cares about his patients, he talks with you not at you. He answers all of your questions and he is readily available to questions & concerns after your consultation. I consider myself lucky to have found him and above all he is knowledge.