Dr. Scott Riedler MD Patient Reviews

2.8
  • 3 reviews

November 27th, 2012
bad attitude/cold
He was very cold and almost impatient with my mother whom he diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He acts very disinterested in the hardship family members go through while caring for their loved one with Alzheimer's. I am very disappointed in his seeming disdain for his less fortunate patients and their families, as they are, after all, paying for his lifestyle. I can only hope he reads these and takes a long look at his practice so he can learn to be a kinder doctor.
Doctor's Response

I am very sorry than anyone thought I had "disdain" for them and "disinterest." Alzheimers disease and dementia is a big part of my practice and I pride myself in how I deal with these patients and their families, who do have real challenges and need my support. I can only say that the vast majority of the patients I see for this do return to see me and maintain a therapeutic relationship with me for years. I do believe those patients feel that I am kind to them. Occasionally when patients/families are given the bad news of this diagnosis, they react defensively or have trouble dealing with this and might take that out on the bearer of bad news.

June 17th, 2012
I chose Dr. Riedler because he is often on the list of Best Doctors in San Diego Magazine. He is one of the best I've been to. He came across as very smart, attentive and caring. I didn't feel rushed. He is old enough to have had a lot of experience, but he seemed very current with the latest information about the condition I saw him for, which isn't all that common of a condition. He only sees adults, but otherwise I don't think he limits his practice to certain neurological conditions.

March 22nd, 2009
Best Neurologist
I chose Dr. Riedler because he was rated in the top 5% of San Diego neurologists by other doctors in San Diego Magazine, and I was not disappointed. He diagnosed my rare condition when others missed it. He took a lot of time with me, and had a very caring, professional manner.