Dr. Scott Roberts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4
  • 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

May 28th, 2014
VERY DISAPPOINTED - FAILED TO GIVE PROPER INFORMED CONSENT
I received an epidural steroid injection (ESI) from Dr Roberts. After the procedure I have now learned that the drug that Dr Roberts used for the ESI (KENALOG-40) is NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR EPIDURAL ADMINISTRATION. Dr Roberts never informed me that he was injecting a drug into me on an off-label basis. Had I been properly and legally informed that the drug injected into me was NOT APPROVED by the FDA for epidural administration, I would have refused the injection. The package insert for KENALOG-40 from the Bristol-Myers Squibb website clearly states at the very top "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE". Why is a drug being injected into people epiduraly when the package insert clearly states "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE"? At minimum, informed consent should be obtained from each patient. This is something that I never received. I have also learned that ESIs are extremely dangerous. Several people have even died from ESIs. Arachnoiditis is also another very serious complication that may result from ESIs. I was never informed of any of these potentially very serious complications from ESIs. I would not recommend Dr Roberts for any kind of invasive procedure due to his failure to give proper and legally required informed consent. For narcotic pain relievers he is probably OK.