Scott Rodeo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 23rd, 2016
The Best of the Best
I had a total shoulder replacement performed by Dr. Rodeo in June. The operation was a success beyond my expectations. From the moment I awoke from surgery I NEVER experienced the least bit of pain or discomfort. Upon starting therapy a few weeks later, the therapist was amazed at the range of motion which I had before he had even begun to work with me. His take on this was...."that's what you get with a true professional". Thank you Dr. Rodeo for your surgical expertise, your compassionate bedside manner, and for being a man of great integrity.

September 9th, 2016
Compassionate doctor with great bedside manner. Provides excellent care, accurate diagnosis and follow up care. Took great care of my son

February 25th, 2016
Horrible ACL repair experience. Stay away.
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Rodeo. Not only did he not explain the risks of the surgical protocol (I had an ACL repair), he switched the protocol on my as they were wheeling me into surgery. This is likely borderline malpractice. Additionally there was no follow-up. I ended up in the inpatient unit for a few days for pain and swelling and there was no post discharge interaction. Because pain and swelling were so bad it landed me in the ER about a week later due to fear of a blood clot. Needless to say the resident on call did not have access to any of my clinical records. OH, and if that was not enough, when I came for my post-op visit with a set of questions, Dr. Rodeo was not interested in engaging in these questions. In fact, I overheard him tell his PA upon learning that I had some questions - "come rescue me in 10 minutes if I am not out". This is inexcusable.

May 11th, 2015
Best orthopedic surgeon
Dr. rodeo is simply the best at what he does. Great bedside manner and always informative.

April 29th, 2013
Great Doc. Ease of getting appt not to good
He is a great doctor but the time waiting is horrible.

June 14th, 2012
This Dr. Destroyed My Knee
I mistakenly thought that bc he is at HSS and did not take insurance that he was good. His ACL replacement has resulted in my ACL being too loose and my have terrible arthritis in my knee. I can no longer walk up steps or play any high impact sports. Do NOT go to this guy. After my injury became apparent he basically blew me off, i.e. very cavalier. Told me that it is about 8 years after surgery that this type of arthritis sets in. Really? He told me not to do non-weight bearing pt when he called me on his cell phone from a jets game to deliver this terrible diagnosis and did not even schedule a follow up with me. Just told me to come in for a brace. Please spare yourself and go to someone who cares and does not botch up ACL replacement surgery. My life will never be the same.

March 19th, 2012
special doctor
just a great person .spends time with you,doesnt make you feel rushed. knows his stuff,very thoughtful and caring.

October 26th, 2011
Fabulous and totally professional in everyway is the only way to describe Dr. Scott Rodeo, and his caring staff!

June 3rd, 2011
I love Dr. Rodeo
Highly recommend him. I completely trust him, he has always taken good care of my various injuries. Saved me from a complicated unnecessary surgery, so glad I went to him for a second opinion! His staff is awesome, went to bat for me with my insurance co. to help get them to cover my knee surgery later. Will always go to him first!

July 28th, 2017