Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile

Big title.... little respect show details Big title.... little respect
Oct 9th, 2011

I acquired a brain injury in 2007 and was hospitalized at Cal Pac Medical (where Dr Rome is the alleged director).Since being released, I am only just now seeking followup care and, I consulted Dr Rome since I was under his care in 2007.WHAT A MISTAKE!Dr Rome made false implications about my integrity because "people with your (my) type of brain injury do this type of stuff...". Essentially, he wrote a prescription and gave me directions for it MONTHS prior to when I was actually able to make an appointment with the neuropsych he referred me to (she went on a 5 week vacation).I made an HONEST MISTAKE and took the medication according to what I 'remembered' the directions stated (I misplaced the directions).I notified him and the neuropsych when I found the directions that stated I was not supposed to have taken them.After playing phone tag for WEEKS (he too went on vacation ... then the neuropsych went on ANOTHER vacation), Dr Rome basically (in ot so many words) said it was a 'test' to see if I would take the medication.OK fair enough but whats NOT APPROPRIATE is unprofessional non-communication by both HE and the neropsych.HE told me he would send me a new script for another medication and he would send it THAT DAY. TWO WEEKS LATER = NOTHING arrived. HMM did he forget? Honest mistake right? SURE but, that doesnt mean he's dishonest does it?I guess its okay for him to forget obligations but not his patients?HYPOCRITE!!Furthermore:after researching Dr Rome's medical expertise, I learned he has a high concentration in physical medicine however, not in brain medicine. WHY IS HE IN CHARGE OF A BRAIN INJURY dept?!?!?Last but not least, in an office appointment with him, he said "you may choose another Dr..." which was his response to my concerns regarding the neuropsych DOCTOR.... So, I found another AMAZING neuropsych and, I tok the time to forward all of the info to his office so he and they could connect.The next day I received a message to call his office. (WOW I NEVER GET SERVICE THAT FAST FROM HIM!!) His office staff was RUDE and told me that "Dr Rome said you could choose another DOCTOR..." Apparently I should be able to read minds - he didnt mean finding another neuropsych. He meant finding another MD. (Apparently he was in his own way 'threatening' me- to go find another Dr to help me.Dr Rome is one of the most unprofessional Dr's I have ever had to deal with. He has an incredible chip on his shoulder and, doesnt sincerely care for his patients.