Psychiatrists

901 Adams Blvd
Suite 202
Boulder City, NV 89005
702-293-4111
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Kudzu.
 |  F Dr Rubin  |  show details
by John Pyles (stated proudly) on Aug 11th, 2014

Dr Rubin is horrible. If he shows up on your provider list, run the other way!!!! 5 month of wasted time for pills I could've gotten from a regular family doctor. He spends 10 mins with you at best, cuts you off, and has a horrible penchant for remembering anyone. He makes snide remarks and has horrible jokes. (He thinks he can make a depressed person laugh by telling them "it's a Joke" when I'm told to sit down to start the session. Sounds like Fun? Dr. Rubin is your guy if you want to run up a bill, get treated like the McDonald's of psychiatry, or you just want to be given the same meds your family physician can give you. I asked him to run some tests on me. He asked why? LOL .......maybe because medical science needs PROOF to make a proper assessment.

Aug 22nd, 2013

These people have NO concept of time. I waited more than 45 minutes before I ran out of time and had to leave. If you need promptness, look elsewhere.

|  Student  |  show details
by JennyB on Jun 1st, 2013

Scott Rubin is a fraud. Beware of Scott Rubin, and his staff in Las Vegas, Nevada-take a vacation instead!

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by jenniferb2120318983 at Citysearch on Jun 1st, 2013 on citysearch.com

Scott Rubin is a fraudulent medical provider-he overmedicates patients while using their insurances-to incapacitate patient-until insurance maximums out-he gives mind alteringharmful drugs.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
     |  Yikes!  |  show details
    by Prior patient on May 8th, 2013

Can you give Zero stars?? Terrible doctor!! Run! He's worth reporting to the medical board for inaccurate treatment and diagnosis. He gave 10 months of incorrect medications to me that made me incredibly physically ill (bed-bound nearly all of the time), and didn't correct the psychiatric problems either. Why? mis-diagnosis, then he wouldn't listen to me or my wife, so although he altered the medications monthly, they were for the wrong disorder. We didn't realize this until we finally went to a great psychiatrist, and he pulled me off everything and started from scratch, and it worked. On top of it all, he is unbelievably rude, tries to intimidate by belittling, and even defended his "not listening" to the patient or family, when confronted regarding this. He is especially rude to family members, even though they are often the support and able to see a more clear picture until the disorder is more regulated by medications.

|  Sad Sad Sad  |  show details
    Apr 22nd, 2011

The Office staff never seems to answer the telephone ... I did get in after first few tries to set first appointment after that it was impossible to make a apointment to see dr rubin. They really should invest into a phone system that works.

|  He is a doctors doctor.  |  show details
    Apr 7th, 2011

After years of searching for an educated and understanding doctor, Dr. Rubin correctly diagnosed and treated my depression and anxiety. He was caring, spent time with me and explained my condition to my family who came with me.

Apr 2nd, 2011

I don't like this doctor. I took my dad to see him 10 years ago or so and he was so rude. He yelled at me because of a comment I made. He also answered in snotty manner when I asked him a question about the medication. He did talk to my dad in a professional manner though. He was just not a pleasant person and I was helping my dad out. Due to his attitude, I would personally not recommend him.

|  You would have to be crazy to go to this doctor  |  show details
    Feb 5th, 2011

I have never met a more horrible doctor. I'm not even sure if he knew I was in the room

|  Staff is HORRIBLE  |  show details
    by dissapointed on Oct 7th, 2009

1. Dr. Rubin seems to just want to get a quick fix and get me out to get the next $$$ maker in.2. Experiences have been horrible...why?a. I've waited over two hours to get into my appointment. By the time I get into talk w/ Dr. Rubin I'm already ticked off!b. I've waited over 35 min on the phone...almost EVERY time I try to call.c. They do not return correspondence even when it has to do with prescription refills!!! I am now without my meds for over two weeks and still can not get a hold of them!

|  Horrible Dr  |  show details
    by Citysearch User on Dec 9th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I was a patient of Dr Rubin it was the worst Dr experience of my life. First to get through to his office by calling is almost impossible wh...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
    Nov 18th, 2008

An excellent Doctor.

|  What a joke  |  show details
    by Kim89052 on May 24th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Went to this doctor's office and it was in the ghetto. Like another person had said I too worried that my car would not be there when I returned. His office staff is rude and has absolutely no clue as to what they're doing. I found the doctor rude and just wanting to hand out drugs. When I waited I saw every single patient walk out with the same samples. When I went in he handed me a bag of samples and asked a few questions and sent me on my way. Not a thorough doctor by any means. I left - threw the samples away and never ever went back and never will.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
     |  All around bad experience  |  show details
    by jookygal on Mar 25th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I went to see Dr. Rubin and found his office in the ghetto. There was little parking to be had and I worried that my car wouldn't be there when I returned. His front office "staff" consisted of three teenagers who couldn't be bothered with me. When I finally saw Dr. Rubin, he basically asked me what I'd taken in the past and what I wanted to take now. Then he wrote an Rx for it and wished me good day. DID NOT EVEN GET A HEALTH HISTORY (WHICH INCLUDES BRAIN SURGERY!) OR WHAT MEDICATIONS I WAS CURRENTLY TAKING! Seems a very dangerous practice to me. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com