Dr. Scott Rushton MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 28th, 2017
Dr Scott A Rushton - Amazing Orthopefic Surgeon
Dr. Rushton is a gentleman, incredible surgeon, father and husband. Dr Rushton has taken care of me since 2004. I wouldn't even consider any other surgeon to take care of my back. He speaks and tells things like they are in words you can understand. I'm telling you if you ever need an orthopedic surgeon Dr Rushton is your guy.

November 18th, 2016
I had decompression surgery in March, and I was very pleased with Dr. Rushton, his staff, the hospital staff, and the surgical results. I do not have one complaint, only positive things to say. Highly recommend Dr. Rushton.

October 23rd, 2016
Great Dr. Hospital service was disjointed.

August 5th, 2016
Great Surgeon
Originally came to see Dr Rushton for a second opinion. After meeting with him and his staff, I decided to have him do my surgery and cancelled my surgery at Rothman. I definitely made the right decision and am so glad that Dr Rushton did the surgery.

May 28th, 2016
Outstanding Physician
My husband suffered severe back pain and activity limits for 18 months. ESI injections into his back offered minimal relief. Our Primary Care doctor recommended he see Dr. Rushton for a second opinion. In his office, Dr. Rushton spent 45 minutes reviewing the MRI and explaining exactly what he would do. I worked as a surgical nurse for 40 years and never heard such a complete pre-operative explanation Two months ago, Dr. Rushton performed laminectomies on vertebrae L2, L3, L4, L5, and S1. When my husband awoke from surgery the debilitating pain was gone! He needed very little pain medication post-op. That evening he walked in the hospital hall. Dr. Rushton and his nurse practitioner visited every day. They discussed every detail of his recovery. Healing takes time and effort. He goes to physical therapy three times a week and exercises regularly. Two months after surgery he has his life back. He even was able to climb onto his tractor this week to mow grass (one of his great joys in life). Dr. Rushton has always been polite, respectful, and friendly. We could not ask for more in a physician.

September 9th, 2015
Diabled for the rest of my life
Folks, cervical surgery is much different then lumbar. Dr Rushton may be great for cervical surgeries, but it appears he is leaving a trail of disabled people with lumbar surgeries. Like others I had a decompression surgery. This was at L4/L5. It failed. Not only that, it left me with adhesive arachnoiditis. Look it up. Not pleasant. Dr Rushton apparently damaged the dural during surgery, but did not say anything. This guy is sugar and spice when things go well. But hostile toward you when it does not. My advice? Go somewhere else.

April 5th, 2015
i was really sad to see the reviews for Dr Rushton. He has been my surgeon since 2012. He performed a fusion at c5 c6. For 12 years I suffered only because of fear. i have been pain free since that day. He isn't a bubbly joking kind of Dr but he is very professional. I have never has a problem getting an appointment and his staff has always been respectful and compassionate. I am having back surgery this May and I am very confident in his ability.

March 11th, 2015
Have lots of confidence in him, operated on my back on 2009

January 29th, 2015
Spent little time. Misdiagnosed. High pressure sales to do excessive, unnecessary surgery. Badmouthed other doctors.

December 20th, 2014
Rude, terrible bedside manor!
I found Dr Rushton to be rude, condescending and unsympathetic. He did not even bother to examine me, brushed off my concerns, and gave no advice, suggestions/instruction. He called me "kid" throughout the entire 5 min visit (I am in my mid 30's). The visit was over so quickly I was left feeling so shocked that I couldn't even respond to his poor behavior.

November 1st, 2014
Avoid this doctor
I chose this doctor based on his CV that I had access to. I was very excited to see him about my lumbar spine. From my very first visit, he was distant, arrogant, never made eye contact. You are a number in this office and you are rushed in and out. Things got worse. I continued to see him hoping maybe he was just having a bad day. Not so. He answered my questions with an arrogant question. He said I needed a laminectomy with fusion (radical surgery) which would require me to be in the hospital four or five days and have a bone stimulator and take forever to recover with no guarantee it would work. I went and got a second opinion and it turns out I don't need that at all!!! A procedure on an outpatient basis is what was recommended to me by my new surgeon. I let Rushton know and needless to say, he was not happy. Too bad. I would not recommend this guy to my worst enemy.

August 24th, 2014
cervical spine surgery
Dr. Rushton fused C4/5, 5/6, and 6/7. He is a great surgeon and I have no regrets with this surgery. I have no pain, and all neck pain and cramping and twisting in hands has stopped. Is Dr. Rushton arrogant? Just a little, but I liked that about him I thought it showed that he was confident in his surgical abilities. He does have a great bedside manner. He took my young children into my bedside and explained why I was on a respirator and told them not to be afraid. I told him that during my first spinal surgery they had to keep calling my spinal surgeon and i was never certain that he ever showed up or really did the surgery. It failed so I thought that maybe a student did the surgery, I asked that he please be at the table before they knocked me out. Not only was he at my bedside, but he was nice enough to hold my hand before they knocked me out. He is a great surgeon and I recommend him to all that I know without reservation.