Dr. Scott Samuelson Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Scott Samuelson?

Posted on January 31st, 2017

He seems to always be up on current time research in all kinds of areas, nice, great bedside manner. The office is very family oriented, and one can always get same day appts with someone. I have been going there for 5 years, and see him, my kids see him also. He has a great team with the patient mentality it seems. He really listens, even when it's obvious they are busy and overwhelmed, which is inevitable some days in a family practice.

Posted on September 26th, 2015

Kept me waiting for an hour, then treated me with disrespect and a condescending attitude. Much more. Interested in making notes on his computer than listening to what I had to say. Hope. I don't have to see him again.

Pretty Dog Gone Good

Posted on May 21st, 2015

Dr. Samuelson saw both my wife and myself. He was very thorough and took a lot of time with us. I feel confident in his abilities and see him as our family doctor in the future. Holly, a Nurse Practioner, is also very good. None of us enjoy going to the doctor but these guys are Pretty Darn Good!

Dr is awesome!

Posted on February 1st, 2015

Caring, approachable, and experienced! Dr takes care of my whole family! From my great grandma

Dr. Samuelson uses his faith and morals above his ability to treat. Please read to end

Posted on January 28th, 2015

I was seen in the ER with severe abdominal pain. I was treated at hospital and told to follow up with PCM. I was given Dr. Samuelson this day. Usually they send you to a NPA or PA but I was fortunate to see Dr. Samuelson personally. He was rude, arrogant and uppity. Very blunt and busy. He did not seem to be interested in me as much as he was in the computer screen in front of him. After several questions about my lifestyle I was told horror stories about cancer because I was a smoker at that time but he has scared me right out of that and also added horrible panic/anxiety attacks to that as my mother died a year ago of cancer. He did not know that but I do not think he cared if he did or not as his own morals come first. When discussing my abdominal pain I asked him if he thought that MMJ would help. He was mad and upset with me and proceeded to ask me why I would EVER do that to myself. I had at one time been prescribed MMJ for a ruptured disk in my back for 10 weeks back in 2012. Once again he started to tell me how I had 10X higher chances of contracting cancer from the use of cannabis. After making me feel like a horrible person he did an exam and ordered an HIDA, a very wise and good idea. At the same time I was dealing with shoulder/neck pain with the NPA. I seen her a few weeks later as the issue was not becoming any better and had in fact become very painful and scary. She informed me that since I told Dr. Samuelson that I had used cannabis in the past legally she could not give me anything for pain that was a opiate. I contacted the Colorado State Regulatory board to confirm this and was told that Pain Management Centers have the option to not allow pain management for those that use medical cannabis but it was not a law and to contact the FDA and the DEA for more information on this subject. I have talked to the FDA and since cannabis is still listed as a controlled substance a PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINC has a right to refuse to help but was told it was up to the Doctor and state on if this would apply. I am giving Dr. Samuelson two stars and honestly think he deserves more because he is an intelligent doctor that would be very helpful for more people than I can say. For me he insulted me, made me feel like a drug addict and even told others to not treat me as normal but as such. His faith and beliefs are honorable unless they interfere with his ability to treat people like humans. He brought back horrible issues of death I had just recently lived through and didn't even bother to think of what he was doing. I have been seen in the ER for Panic Attacks that are horrible recently and given Ativan that helped immensely. I am not sure how long I will have to deal with the overwhelming feeling of death by cancer now but I do hope this review helps Dr. Samuelson see what his moral judgements do to others. I will continue to go to this clinic as Dr. Cranor and others are amazing. They do treat me differently now that Dr. Samuelson has labeled me but I hope in time this to will subside. There is not room for the staff review but Ruth, a nurse there talks to me like I am stupid. Maybe that too will stop. I do love this practice, just not this doctor.

Inaccurate diagnosis

Posted on September 10th, 2012

Our daughter woke up one day with severe pain in her foot. This pain progressed throughout her joints over an 8 week period. Dr. Samuelson saw her one time and diagnosed it as a virus. He did some bloodwork only when we requested it, and it was inconclusive. We were told by him to continue to call every 10 days if she wasn't any better, which we did. However, he seemed hesitant to move beyond the diagnosis of a "virus." He kept suggesting we wait 6-8 weeks to see if the joint pain went away. Finally, after 8 weeks, he referred us to a pediatric rheumatologist. We then had to wait another 6 weeks before we could get into the rheumatologist. The pediatric rheumatologist at Children's Hospital examined our daughter and diagnosed her with rheumatic fever caused by untreated strep. Unfortunately, the rheumatic fever had damaged the mitral valve in her heart by then, and she is now under the treatment of a cardiologist and takes daily antibiotics until she is an adult. Dr. Samuelson was very nice during the entire process, but never went the extra mile required to accurately diagnose our daughter. He never suggested antibiotics or did a strep test or strep antigen bloodwork to rule out strep or rheumatic fever at any time during her treatment. The cardiologist told us a simple course of antibiotics early in her illness would have prevented the rheumatic fever and the eventual heart damage. We were very unhappy with this outcome and changed doctors due to this unfortunate mistake.

Posted on August 18th, 2016